Ring Groups missing

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by datalib, May 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. datalib

Hi there..

I am sure this will be a stupid question in the end .. but I cannot find a way to select our Ring Groups.

I have 6 ring groups defined.. all with extension numbers starting from 8001.

My issue is that I cannot select these Ring Groups from any of the main extensions.

For example I wish to forward my phone to the main office Ring Group if I don't answer my phone in a certain period of time, currently it forwards onto my voicemail. But when I select the extensions list from the management console none of the Ring Groups are listed.

As I say, I am sure I am missing something very simple, but after 2 hours to hunting both the Management Console and Google I cannot even find a clue to what I am doing wrong.

Chris

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

When i go to Edit an extension forwarding rules (this is in Ver. 14), and say send call to...the drop down menu shows the existing ring group in the list.

3. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

v15 - under Forward to Extension. Mine are there.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. datalib

Thank you for the responses .. that is what I thought, they should just be there, but in my installation (V15) they don't appear in the list.

I may have to reinstall and then restore a backup, but I doubt that will fix the problem as it will probably be something stored in the backup.

If anyone else has any suggestions I would be grateful.

5. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

Look at your license and insure that it reflects your paid edition.
    Try creating a new one using an extension number that you know is not one of the ones in use before. Then see if that shows. If so, then perhaps easier to simply recreate the groups?

6. datalib

Hi there..

The licence looks fine (standard edition) and shows activated on the management console.

I had tried to create a new ring group with an extension number in the middle of our normal range (one that was already assigned, so no conflict) and that did not work either. I also tried creating a page group, just in case that would work, but the same problem exists.

We have been using 3CX for over 5 years and have upgraded a number of times, including two upgrades in hardware (currently running on a Hyper-V VM). At some stage in the past (many years ago) we set up a Ring Group for the main line number so it would ring on 4 phones. This still works, so it is not the Ring Group feature/function that is not working, it just will not show up the Ring Groups in the available list of extensions when you go to select a new place to forward a call.

It is very strange... I am open to any suggestions.

7. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Make sure that you are using a supported browser, like google chrome and try again. If you are try clearing your browsers cache (ctrl +f5) and try again

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.