• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Ring Groups Pause at time out results in missed calls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan Duck

Reaction score
I have set up a ring group that rings all of its extensions for 10 sec, then it rings the Ring All ring group. Quite often if an extension answers the call on the 10 sec time, then they will miss the call as it takes 1 sec for the RING ALL ring group to activate. Surely this must be a glitch with 3cx. Ideally the initial ring group phones should continue to ring through after the 10 sec and be joined by the remaining extensions?

Hello Dan,

If I understand correctly you have 2 Ring Groups (RG), the 1st of which has certain extensions only and has a Ring All strategy and the 2nd has all the extensions (including those in the 1st RG) and also has a Ring All strategy. A call initially enters the 1st RG that has a timeout of 10 seconds, and when this is reached you have set it to forward the call to the 2nd RG.
If I have comprehended your setup correctly, there is indeed a small delay (1-2 seconds max) when the first RG reaches the timeout and until it transfers to the 2nd RG. The reason for this is that once no extensions answer within the given time, the PBX must send cancel requests to all the phones already ringing and then transfer the call, thus the delay, so if an extension from the 1st RG answers within these 1-2 seconds, the call will already be in the procedure of being transferred to the 2nd RG.
If this is the issue you are describing, it is no a glitch just a necessity. If this is not what you meant please clarify the situation and we will get back to you asap.

If you find that people in the first ring group are waiting to answer close to the 10 second mark, I would increase the ring time to about 15 seconds and "remind" people to answer promptly. !0 seconds is not a lot of time, only about two full rings depending on ring cadence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NGPMH
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.