Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Ring Groups question

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Maicodw, Dec 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maicodw

I'm wondering if it is possible to forward a call towards a Ring Group where nobody answered at the destination
    to multiple mobilephone numbers of the people who are in that Ring Group.

I could not find this setting and no topics about this on the forum.

Best regards Maico

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Well... a ring group has the ability to send a caller somewhere if none of the members answer after a given time. Unfortunately, when you throw in mobile phones, it can complicate matters. First off, you pretty much have to using VoIP trunks to sent the calls to the mobiles so that correct answer supervision is returned when one is answered. In addition, if any of the mobiles has a Voicemail option (Mobile operator Voicemail), then a call answered by that will count as an answered call. this will happen if one of the mobiles is currently on a call, or, out of the area/unavailable.

When you build the ring group and want the calls to ring external numbers, the members must be PBX extensions that are set to ring my mobile. I don't believe that extension call forwarding will work on a ring group call, at least, it never used to.

You would have to do some testing to see if this will work reliably. As soon as you start sending calls externally, you can run into situations that you don't have much control over.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.