Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Ring groups, snom phones show missed calls

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by philnewman, Feb 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. philnewman

Hi.
    We are using the SNOM300 handsets and a Grandstream 4104 gateway. When a call comes in from the gateway it connects to a ring group configured to ring all extensions in the group. This works and all the SNOMs in the group ring when there is an incoming call. However when one of the phones answers the call, all the other phones show a missed call message.
    I have found this article on the SNOM knowledge base: http://wiki.snom.com/FAQ/When_a_cal...Missed_Call"_message._How_can_this_be_changed
    It says that the pbx needs to send the "reason" field correctly according to RFC3326 which will inform the other extensions that the call has been completed elsewhere.
    Is this supported in 3CX and if so, please can someone help me to resolve this problem?

Many thanks,

Phil Newman

2. William400

William400 Well-Known Member

Hi

Referred this to the internal teams for review.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. philnewman

Thanks. I guess in the meantime i will configure the SNOMs to not display missed calls.

Kind regards,

Phil Newman

4. STCJeff

I have the same issue using Aastra 6757i phones. A fix would be much appreciated.

5. William400

William400 Well-Known Member

HI

We are referring this thread internally for review.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. swim

is there a fix for this yet ?

7. SnAzBaZ

We have Polycom SoundPoint IP330's which perform in exactly the same way. So it would be useful if a fix or explanation was available for this ?

Thanks

Andrew

8. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

This has been addressed in v7.1

9. swim

great news ! thank you Nick

Jean-Michel

10. pjr

pjr New Member

This behaviour applies to Snom phones but unfortunately we use Polycoms on all our deployments and they dont offer this (or a similar) option.

Can the 3CX Assistant be configured to operate in the same way as the SNOMs - ie not show missed calls to a ring group that were picked up elsewhere/by voicemail (It would be great if this was an option within the assistant to be turned on and off)?

That way I could turn off missed call display on the Polycoms we use in ring groups and the 3CX Assistant wouldnt show the missed calls either.

Paul

11. cfive

cfive Member

Adding a "me too" to the thread - polycoms show "missed calls" from ring group, except for the one extension that actually answered the call.

Using v8 now, was using v7 - I don't see where this behaviour is changed - if it was addressed in v7 then perhaps only for some makes of phone?

- Les.

12. pjr

pjr New Member

I think the method SNOM phone use was implemented in 7.1 and is present in 8 but AFAIK Polycom don't support the same method as SNOM and don't offer an equivalent.

I feel your pain as we only deploy Polycoms too.

Paul

13. cfive

cfive Member

in the polycom template in use;

search for missedcalltracking, and change the enabled="1" to enabled="0". There are 6 of these in a row (not sure what they're all for, but I changed them all). Reprovision and reboot the phones.

This eliminates the missed call message on the phones, but still allows it in the call assistant. Not sure how to change the call assistant behaviour, but probably don't want to anyway ;-).

Now, to find the line that makes the name show up beside the extension # for BLF. ? Anyone?

- Les.

14. pjr

pjr New Member

There are 6 because the higher end polycoms can have up to 6 lines (exts) per handset and this allows you to turn off missed calls on a per line basis.

Paul

15. cfive

cfive Member

Thanks pjr, that makes perfect sense.

16. Camaro_OD

I am using the 3CX PBX for 4 weeks now, and I am most satisfied with the results.
    I am using only Linksys SPA9XX phones and have the same problem with the missed calls
    as you guys that use the SNOM and Polycom phones.

I wonder if anyone knows a solution to this problem for my Linksys SPA9XX phones.
    Looked around at the Internet and turned this forum upside down, but this is the
    only thread I was able to find. In the PBX I cannot find any switch for this matter.
    Looked at the provisioning templates as well, but could not find any thing regarding
    the missed call feature.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

17. semaja2

I am also having this issue on a Cisco SPA 504G any chance of this being fixed?

18. FBW

FBW New Member

I was wondering if there is already a possibility to avoid all these missed calls in 3CX Assistant when the call was picked up by another extension.

19. abc123

abc123 Active Member

From my understanding of the V10 assistant the queues and ring groups will show a missed call rather than the extension itself. Don't quote me on it though - but wait until the v10 assistant is released.

20. FBW

FBW New Member

Hi Mark,

That is indeed the feedback I got from the support team as well.
    It should be out in a couple of months. No precise dates are known yet however.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.