Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Ring Mobile

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by stash, Jan 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stash

stash New Member

Hi,

When we don’t answer the call or reject the call, it takes a while to send the caller back to voicemail prompt. We found out that this is because the cellphone’s voicemail is picking up, we need to set it to disconnect once voicemail answers and send the caller back to 3CX’s voicemail box.

Thanks,

STASH

2. sigma1

sigma1 Active Member

Too late... Once the Cell phone picks up the call is considered answered.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

The only chance of this working is to extend the ring time (if possible) of the mobile before it sends the call to (the mobiles) voicemail. That ring time must be longer than the 3CX timeout , before it (3CX) gives up and sends the call to the 3CX voicemail box.

4. sigma1

sigma1 Active Member

Please keep us posted in case you find a carier that can extend the ring time, so far all they have been able to offer our clients is no cell phone voicemail.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I don't use voicemail myself, on my North American plans. I do have several SIMs that I've used over the years in Europe, and recall that there was a code, you could dial, that increased the number of rings (up to a limit) before that call went off to VM. This was using GSM, on a couple of networks, so it may not be universal (unfortunately).

In many cases, it would probably be something that the provider would have to "adjust", if possible.

6. stash

stash New Member

Hi Sigma and leejor,

The only option we can do is adjust the ring timeout on the carrier side?

Thanks,

STASH

7. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Or shorten the amount of time that 3CX attempts to reach the mobile, before giving up and sending the call to 3CX voicemail.

Or, have the voicemail option removed from the mobile, a bit extreme, but that should do it.

8. stash

stash New Member

Hi leejor,

OK i will try your suggestion

Thanks,

STASH

9. jpillow

jpillow Well-Known Member

I've had the same issue and the only fix I was able to come up with is the same Leejor suggested by adjusting the amount of rings before your extension picks up. that way answering ahead of the cell phone vm.

10. stash

stash New Member

Hi jpillow,

thanks for your feed back mate. Now i will go with the suggestion of leejor.

Thanks,

STASH

11. cambocambo

you could change the mobile voicemail number with the carrier to another ddi that is on your 3cx. This ddi is permanently sent to voicemail

12. stash

stash New Member

leejor,

Adjusting the ring timeout of the mobile would be on the Telco side right? How can i shorten the amount of time that 3CX attempts to reach the mobile? Is it shorten or make it longer?

Thanks,

STASH

13. jpillow

jpillow Well-Known Member

extension status--->forwarding rules--->if call is not answered within xx seconds--->send the call to my mobile.

14. stash

stash New Member

jpillow,

OK so i will shorten that one or make it longer?

Thanks,

STASH

15. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

You would shorten any time-out on the 3CX side, and lengthen any (if possible) at the mobile end.

If, for example, any unanswered call to the mobile went off to the mobiles VM after , say, five rings, which might be 20 seconds, (depending on where in the world you live). You would want 3CX to "ring the mobile" for only 15 (or so) seconds, something less than the 20 seconds, otherwise the call will be considered answered once it goes off to the mobiles VM.

The problem is, that many people are still fumbling for their mobile, or trying to looking at the display to see who the call is from, so 15 seconds might be too short of a time, to answer.

Ideally, the time before the mobile sends a call off to VM, could be increased to 25 or 30 seconds. But, that is something that your mobile provider would have to allow you to change, or change it for you.

16. stash

stash New Member

Hi leejor,

OK now i understand.

Thanks,

STASH

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.