Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Ring my extension ad my mobile at the same time

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by jasit, Apr 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jasit

jasit New Member

Hi,

I tried searching to see if anyone has come across this, When we setup the ring my mobile simultaneously, the desk phone will ring approx. 2 times and as soon as the cell phone rings the desk phone quits. We have tried this with a couple of users and its the same for everyone. I have tried to extend the if the call is not answered, but it still does the same thing.

Any clues?

jasit

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

It will depend on the type of trunks you are sending the call out on, to the mobile. If you use VoIP, then it should continue ringing until one phone has answered or the call goes to the mobiles voicemail. the VoIP trunk should be capable of sending answer supervision back to 3CX (The key word being should).

It should be the same if you use an ISDN gateway.

However, if you use a PSTN gateway, then, in most cases, the call will be considered answered, about the same time as, or shortly after, the digits are sent out on the PSTN line. Some PSTN gateways are capable of detecting a current reversal when the dialled number has answered, but most are not set-up to, nor are the PSTN lines capable of supporting this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.