• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Solved 'Ring my mobile simultaneously' - No CID for internal calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parslej

Forum User
Reaction score
Our users love ' Ring my mobile simultaneously' option, which is generally working as it should.

But they noticed that they cant see on mobile's screen who is ringing them (private number is being shown)
- but this ONLY happens when this is internal call (so ext. -> ext).
When someone is calling them from external number (eg mob -> ext) all is working great (originator's CID is being presented)

Can you please advise what need to be changed to present also local caller's ID ?

Hi @Parslej

This depends on how your trunk is set up and what is being sent during the forwarding to the mobile number. Also what you mean by private number? Is the word "private" being displayed? Are you using a supported provider? Do you have outbound caller ID configured under your extensions? Is your trunk set up to send the originator caller ID to the provider?

@YiannisH_3CX - thanks for your reply.
Below answers to your questions:

> what you mean by private number? Is the word "private" being displayed?
yes 'private' is being displayed, the same as in other cases when someone doesnt want to present own number

> Are you using a supported provider?
Yes

>Do you have outbound caller ID configured under your extensions?
Yes. If I call form my extension to eg my mobile mobile I can see extension number.
If I use forward to my mobile (not 'Ring my mobile simultaneously') Caller ID is also displayed (in all scenarios)

>Is your trunk set up to send the originator caller ID to the provider?
What trunk parameter you mean ? If 'From : Display Name' indeed this is oryginator

Below my settings:

1628856904635.png

yes 'private' is being displayed, the same as in other cases when someone doesnt want to present own number
This probably means that the provider does not like something in the Invite and replaces the caller ID with private. It might be faster if you asked the provider what it is they do not like so we can adjust it.

Who is your provider? Perhaps we can test for you

>Do you have outbound caller ID configured under your extensions?
Yes. If I call form my extension to eg my mobile mobile I can see extension number.
If I use forward to my mobile (not 'Ring my mobile simultaneously') Caller ID is also displayed (in all scenarios)
Do you have a regular number configured in your outbound caller id or your extension number?

Reactions: leejor
Fixed by 3cx partner (by changing CID Outbound rules)
Please mark as resolved

Reactions: NickD_3CX
Glad to hear you got it sorted out!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.