ring my mobile simultenously

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by stash, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stash

stash New Member

Hi,

I enabled this feature and i get to ring the yealink phone once and the call is being transferred to my mobile number. This happens on internal and external call. This doesn't the outcome i want to accomplish. Does this feature really works like this? Any help with configuration if i miss one.

I have yealink t32g my gateway is Patton 4970. 3CX V11 Sp3.

Thanks,

STASH

2. danhriscanu

danhriscanu New Member

Hi,

Yes, this feature is working but you will have to find a way to configure your gateway to not answer the call before mobile is answering. That's why your Yealink rings only once, because the gateway actualy answers the call.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. stash

stash New Member

Hi Dan,

I don't get it. How would the patton gateway answer the call?

Thanks,

STASH

4. danhriscanu

danhriscanu New Member

This is called early media. Actualy the gateway send SIP 200 OK message to PBX in order to answer the call and it plays the ring back tone as RTP untill the 3rd party answers. In this way, from the PBX point of view the call is answered. The PBX does not know what is happening after the Gateway.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. stash

stash New Member

Hi Dan,

Can you give me steps or guide how can i achieve this. Since Support team only suggested that i should make the ring timeout much longer and the forwarding rule is not set when phone is busy send call to mobile.

Thanks,

STASH

6. danhriscanu

danhriscanu New Member

Hi,

This is a setting of your Patton gateway. This does nothing to do with 3cx PBX settings. I cannot tell you how to do this but you have to find a way to disable early media on your Patton Gateway.

7. stash

stash New Member

Hi Dan,

Is that the only thing i need to disable? what would be the affect on the with 3CX?

Thanks,

STASH

8. danhriscanu

danhriscanu New Member

Hi,

Nothing will be afected on 3CX. When a call will come to an extension that has Ring mobile sim. enabled, the extension and mobile should ring simultaneously until one side answers the call.

9. 3CXfoxhallsolutions

3CXfoxhallsolutions New Member

It looks like 'Early Media' can be disabled by not allowing Announcements to be delivered in the 3CX gateway configuration set-up.

Not the same Patton device - but principle is the same ...

http://www.3cx.com/voip-gateways/patton-smartnode.html

I'm not 100% sure where you would alter this parameter in the actual SmartNode config' - but if you look under 'Telephony -> Call Router -> SIP Interface -> interface name ... Under the 'Configuration' tab, there are 'Early Connect' & 'Early Disconnect' tick-boxes that look like they might tie into this ...

best regards

10. stash

stash New Member

Hi Dan, OK i just want to make sure since this client is new and i don't want to make configuration that might affect their operation.

Hi Fox, OK i will look into this.

Thanks,

STASH

11. sigma1

sigma1 Active Member

How about making it simple and easy and setup a SIP trunk? Crippling the gateway sounds like a poor idea to me.
    Create an outbound rule specifically for the mobile numbers as outbound (drag to the top), prefix with a pettern if you'd like and you will be sure that the SIP trunk will only be used for this purpose.

12. stash

stash New Member

Hi SIgma,

What is the SIP trunk for? My issue is the Ring my mobile simultaneously seems not functioning right. Because when a call comes in on the yealink phone it will just ring once and the call is being transferred to my mobile. In my knowledge this feature will just ring my mobile phone and yealink phone at the same time when i receive a call.

Thanks,

STASH

13. sigma1

sigma1 Active Member

Your issue is NOT the Yealink but the fact that when 3CX initiates a call via your Patton to POTS, it receives an Early Media OK so 3CX assumes that it was answered by your mobile and stops your Yealink. If instead of using the Patton/Pots to call your cell, you use a SIP trunk via the Internet, you avoid the Patton Early media and your Yealink will ring and so will your mobile.

The issue is NOT the Yealink nor 3CX

14. stash

stash New Member

Hi Sigma,

Sorry am a bit confused, you are saying that i need to create s SIP trunk on 3CX? Where do i get the credential for the SIP trunk?

Thanks,

STASH

15. sigma1

sigma1 Active Member

Pick any from the list of certified providers on the 3CX list and they will give you the credentials.

16. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

In a nutshell..

The problem is that, in this case, when the call is sent outside 3CX, there needs to be proper answer supervision. 3CX need to know if the mobile has actually answered that call. Most PSTN gateways will "tell" 3CX that the call has been answered (SIP message) just after dialling the digits, out on the phone line. Some gateways are able to recognize a current reversal sent when the called line is actually answered. On some lines, depending on the type of switch at the central office, that is an optional feature that your PSTN provider can supply, but not in all cases.

In most cases, a VoIP trunk can provide answer supervision so that 3CX will know if, and when, the mobile answers.

17. stash

stash New Member

Hi Sigma,

You mean i need to get SIP provider just to make this feature work? thanks for your help. but in this case i might need to go with Dan's suggestion. My client won't waste money to get a SIP provider to make this feature work :)

Thanks,

STASH

18. sigma1

sigma1 Active Member

Stash:

With all due respect, using POTS is still very old school. You have a VoIP system, migrate to SIP... Or call PATTON or whomever makes the gateway that you are using and ask them to help you disable early media. The feature works just fine and 3CX works just fine as it should.

19. stash

stash New Member

Hi Sigma,

OK thanks will suggest this to client :)

Hi Leejor,

Thanks for your feedbacks :)

Thanks,

STASH

20. msypqcbg

This is called early media. Actualy the gateway send SIP 200 OK message to PBX in order to answer the call and it plays the ring back tone as RTP untill the 3rd party answers. In this way, from the PBX point of view the call is answered. The PBX does not know what is happening after the Gateway.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.