Ring My Mobile

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by bunter12345, Mar 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bunter12345

Hi there,

I was wondering about how the configuration to also ring a mobile works. I have my extension configured to also ring my mobile number so when someone calls my landline number my ip phone shows the incoming caller id but my mobile phone when it rings shows the number of the PBX and not the number of the original caller. Is this how it is supposed to work?

Thanks in advance.
    Alan

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

It can depend on how the outgoing call routes to your mobile. If it goes via a PSTN gateway,then you can't control the outbound caller ID. If it routes via a VoIP provider, that allows you to change the outgoing number, then, if all of the options are set up properly, it should work.

3. willow

willow Member

Leejor is correct. Some VOIP and PRI vendors will let you modify the outgoing caller id and some will ignore the option. I can atest to myipcomms not letting you send caller id out but others. I currently sell a voip service that lets you modify the outgoing caller id.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.