Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Ring once then fails (487 Request Terminated) - Intermittent

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Sambo, Nov 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sambo

Good evening,
    I seem to be having an intermittent problem - maybe 3 times a day on average, where my phones will ring once but then the phones stop ringing, the call will then ring on a mobile (cell phone - for the Americans) and be able to be answered.
    (Our Voip provider, Engin (Australian), has a setting for calls to be diverted to another number if there is no Voip registration)

My setup is:
    - 3cx V10 SP4
    - Running on Vista
    - 3x SPA-942 (Firmware 6.1.5.a)

Here is the log for one of the calls in question:

If somebody could assist in why this could be occurring it would be much appreciated!

Thanks,
    Sam

2. Felixcat

Re: Ring once then fails (487 Request Terminated) - Intermit

I'm having this problem too - system will work fine but the occasionally phones will ring 2-3 times then call is dropped. Clling party hears ringing tone then a long hum then of course they hang up as the call is disconnected. I have tried a SPA 3102 as my pstn gateway and due to echo problems as well as this issue I switched to Grandstream GXW4104 which made no difference to the dropped calls. Looking at the log the calls successfully reach the extensions but then are rejected with code 487. My pstn is Virgin Media (UK) and I have read this issue could be caused by incompatible CLI info being sent by the pstn provider. My CLI works faultlessly every time even on the dropped calls it's displayed on the handsets (a mixture of Grandstream and Snom M9). I guess the next step would be to disable CLI at the GXW4104 but this is a najoir plus for the system and if it won't display CLI might well lead to me looking for another system. I'm running 3cx version 10 with service pack 4 build 22052 on a Windows 7 machine. Grandstream GXW4101 is running 1.3.4.10 software as suggested by 3cx.

Any help would be appreciated!

3. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Re: Ring once then fails (487 Request Terminated) - Intermit

The only other thing that I would try myself...is to change (remove temporarily) the extensions in the ring group, one at a time, and try changing the outside destination, perhaps sent the call to voicemail or another extension instead for testing.

Intermittent issues are very difficult to track down, and are the cause of much hair pulling. You just have to keep changing the variables around until the problem stops. Once you remove or change something that "corrects" the problem, and you can confirm that by putting things back the way they were, then you have to determine why that is causing the problem, some other conflicting setting?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.