Ring patterns

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by leejor, Feb 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I realize that ring patterns are defined in each ATA, but is there a way to send a different ring pattern (ring type 1, ring type 2) to an ATA depending on whether the call originating from "outside" or "inside" the PBX ? I haven't come across anything on this.

2. Henk

Henk Member

? why do you want to send a different ring pattern to an ATA, the ATA does not ring does it?

H>

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. STCJeff

It sounds like you're looking for a user to hear one ring tone at their phone when the incoming call is from an external number and a different tone when it is from an internal number (or maybe a transfered call) - is this correct?

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

It's quite common with PBX'x to supply a different ring pattern depending on the origin of the caller. Standard ring, if the call is from "outside" and a double ring if the call is internal, or something to that effect. Since most ATA's are capable of providing a number of different ring patterns, i was wondering if the 3CX is able to make use of this to differentiate the two different types of calls?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.