Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Ring patterns

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by leejor, Feb 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I realize that ring patterns are defined in each ATA, but is there a way to send a different ring pattern (ring type 1, ring type 2) to an ATA depending on whether the call originating from "outside" or "inside" the PBX ? I haven't come across anything on this.

2. Henk

Henk Member

? why do you want to send a different ring pattern to an ATA, the ATA does not ring does it?

H>

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. STCJeff

It sounds like you're looking for a user to hear one ring tone at their phone when the incoming call is from an external number and a different tone when it is from an internal number (or maybe a transfered call) - is this correct?

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

It's quite common with PBX'x to supply a different ring pattern depending on the origin of the caller. Standard ring, if the call is from "outside" and a double ring if the call is internal, or something to that effect. Since most ATA's are capable of providing a number of different ring patterns, i was wondering if the 3CX is able to make use of this to differentiate the two different types of calls?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.