Ring problem with Aastra 480i handset

Discussion in 'Windows' started by DanReid, Dec 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DanReid

Hi all, I hope somebody might be able to assist me with this issue.

I recently set up the free edition of 3cx and have successfully configured the 3cx windows and android soft phones. I also have an Aastra 480i handset and am having problems with it. It configured it as per the instrucitons in the following guide;

https://sites.google.com/a/3cx.com/3cx-wiki/phone-configuration/vendor-supported/aastra-1

THe phone shows as registered on its display and I can call any other extension just fine on it. However if anyone calls the extension that is set up on the Aastra, it does not ring. It doesn't do anything - just sits there like no call is incoming. I have the same extension set up on a PC and on an android handset and they both ring fine. I have no idea why the Aastra won't ring and wondered if something is incorrect/missing in the guide I followed.

Does anyone have any idea what my problem might be?

2. DanReid

Just to add to this, I set up a sip trunk and the appropriate rules and I can get external calls to make the handset ring. It just seems to be internal calls that won't ring the handset.

3. DanReid

Just in case anyone is interested, I fixed this by disabling the "Supports Re-invite" option on the extension. Works perfectly now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.