Ring Volume Level & Type

Discussion in 'Windows' started by SWB, May 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SWB

SWB New Member

Hello. Is there a way to control the ring volume level within the client and not through my speaker/Windows? My speakers are set on a high volume for other applications I am using, and when my soft phone rings it is quite loud and disturbing. I was hoping to adjust the soft phone volume level and not affect my other applications volume level. Also are there different ring types that can be assigned in the soft phone?

Thanks!

2. SWB

SWB New Member

Matt: I have co workers covering their ears as well haha. I don't think I follow you when you suggested editing the volume with a sound recorder. Could you elaborate more? Thanks!

3. SWB

SWB New Member

Aww ok thanks Matt. I didn't know where that ringing.wav file was located (or the name of the ring). Theoretically using the sound recorder and lowering the volume would work. Also I like possibly using a different ringtone, which would answer my ring type question. I think I have what I need to start playing around with this, and appreciate your help =D

Maybe we'll see some GUI menu options/preferences for this in new releases in the future :idea:

4. SWB

SWB New Member

Sure can. This is pretty low on my to do list but I will share if I can create a good one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.