RingBack Tone Situation

Discussion in 'Windows' started by Bulent, Apr 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bulent

Greetings,

Firstly, I'd like to thank all the people who have contributed to the development of this great piece of software. I started using it a couple of days ago and have so far found it way better than all the others that I previously used, like X-lite, ExpressTalk, Linphone, etc.

I wish to ask a question, or rather share an experience, which I could not find an answer to in the forum pages.

When I make a call through my private service provider using any of the software mentioned above, I have this useful situation for me :

--- I make a call to a cell phone, the other party's mobile starts ringing.

--- I hear the ringing tone on my headphones.

--- As soon as the other party rejects my call on their mobile, maybe in a meeting, the ringing on my headphones stop,
    and I do not hear any ringing, just goes blank.

--- So I understand that my call is rejected at the other end. (This is useful.) So, I hang up immediately.

--- However, my provider has a system setting whereby a rejected call is automatically dialled for a second time,
    if you do not terminate the call immediately, probably because the system wants to make sure you get connected
    if something goes wrong.

--- So if I do not hang up, the other party's mobile rings again after a few seconds, and if the call is rejected for a second
    time, then I hear the "Call Rejected" sound on my headphones and the call is terminated.

But, this is not the case with the 3CX VoIP phone. Even if my first call is rejected at the other end, I still hear the ringing sound. And I do not think it has got anything to do with my provider because this is the situation with all the other softphones, so it must be something specific to our software.

I was just wondering if any fine-tuning could be done on the settings page so as not to hear the ringing sound when the first call is rejected.

Thanks in advance and regards.

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Re: Ringing Tone Situation

It's been a while since I've configured the 3CX phone, and I don't have one in front of me, so I'm doing this from memory....there is a setting, it might be "play advanced audio", something to that effect. There should be a check box beside it, uncheck it. I've found that that "feature" causes the British type double ringback tone no matter what, in reality, is happening on the line.

3. Bulent

Re: Ringing Tone Situation

@leejor

Thank you for your answer. However, it is the 3CX VoIP phone that I'm using, not the PBX version. I reckon your solution is for the latter one. But, very useful tip indeed.

4. Vali_3CX

Vali_3CX Well-Known Member
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi
    Which version is your 3CX Phone? The one displayed in About. I'm asking because I'm quite confused - 3CX Voip Phone was our first softphone, which is discontinued since longe time ago, while 3CXPhone is the current one. Also, in case of 3CXPhone, there are significant differences between versions.
    Thanks
    vali

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. davidbenwell

davidbenwell Active Member

We are not able to reproduce your issue with our 3CX Softphone.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. Bulent

@ Vali_3CX and Dave

Thank you very much for your help. I'm currently using 3CXPhone v.5.014900.0 and understand your point. We are thinking of setting up the PBX version soon. I will certainly let you know the progress on my side.

Regards.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.