• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Ringing .. Conected but No Voice pls help

Status
Not open for further replies.

nilepay

Reaction score
Hello All,

Pls i have Windows 2008 Web Edition on remote dedicated server i'm connecting to manage this server with remote desktop .I choosed Abyss when installing 3CX and every thing in firewall test pass , i tried to use xlite to make calls through voip provider i tested first in my laptop it works , and i configured my 3cx with this voip provider to make calls. then tried to make calls from xlite softphone on laptop again but ringing connected no voice

i tried to test also through *777 echo test ,also connected but no voice

and this server Windows 2008 Web Edition hasn't audio device (sound card)

pls help me

i want to know how can i fix this as soon as possible

thank you

No audio both directions, or just one direction? If just one which way do you get audio? Have you tried using the tunnel option?

Hello Sir ,

Thank you for your reply,

no just only one direction ,he can hear me but i cant hear him ,i'm using xlite to dial i tested voip account it works good , but when i tested xtension account, ringing and when my friend connected i cant hear him but he can hear me

pls reply me as soon as possible

thank you very much

Since you are running 3CX on a remote server, I assume that the extension you are using is again on another network. So...it could be one of two things. the voice packets from the provider can't get through to 3CX, or they can't get from 3CX to your extension. Or worse still, both.

If you could try a local extension on the same network as 3Cx you could eliminate the first as being a problem. Check the router/firewall at the end you are using the extension. Be sure you have it set up to use a STUN server. If you can, let the PC running the 3Cx soft phone ( you are running that aren't you?) connect to your ISP directly (a public IP, no router) to see if it works. It may be a firewall program on your PC. Have you tried running 3CX phone with the tunnel option?

Hello Sir,
thank you again for your reply
1- I'm using my laptop and the server is dedicated server in another country but from my laptop i can make calls directly to the same voip provider using xlite with the same account information ,but when i replace the voip account with extinsion i can make call but i cant hear him but he can hear me so i think the second one (can't get from 3CX to your extension.) this because i tested to dial *777 echo test on the 3cx phone system not from voip also connected without hearing any sound

2- "If you could try a local extension on the same network as 3Cx you could eliminate the first as being a problem" Win 2008 server web hasn't sound card to test the extension soo no voice or sound to test any thing with audio while making call

3- the dedicated server has static public IP and 6 usable ip's so i'm testing using the public IP

4- Have you tried running 3CX phone with the tunnel option? not yet i dont know how to configure this

thank you again for your reply

nilepay said:
3- the dedicated server has static public IP and 6 usable ip's so i'm testing using the public IP

Well that is fine for the 3CX end but i would suggest (if possible) trying to run the extension on a PC that has picked up a public IP, no router. If you get audio then you know that it is a router issue, some don't play well with SIP even though you were able to get audio directly from a provider. If there is still no audio then it is an issue at the 3CX end (usually not, but you can't rule it out) or there is still a firewall program of some sort blocking ports on the PC.

nilepay said:
4- Have you tried running 3CX phone with the tunnel option? not yet I don't know how to configure this

It's not difficult, it makes use of port 5090 to talk to 3CX. You need to create a password at the 3Cx end and then use the tunnel option with the same tunnel password (this is not the extension password) at the 3CX phone end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davide.luppi
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.