• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Ringing .. Conected but No Voice

Status
Not open for further replies.

paul_h

Reaction score
Hello All,

I have 3 sites and i have install 3cx phone system on Site no.1
The config on Site no.1:
One PC with 2 Ethernet Cards,
one for LAN: 192.168.1.8
and the other for Public 202.57.x.x
I have set 3cx for listening port on Public side, with firewall checker return 0 for result.

For Site. No.2 and No.3 with the same config:
LinkSys PAP2NA behind NAT (Mikrotik Router Board) with DSTnatted (Port forward to LinkSYS)
Port 5060 UDP
Port 5090 UDP/TCP
Port 9000-90049 UDP
Stun Server to stun.3cx.com

I try to call a SIP phone number in Site No.2 from Site No.3, it's ringing and connected but we can't hear each other.

Please Help,

Thank you.
Paul.

Do other calls have audio, site 2 to site 1, site 3 to site 1, etc.? Is it no audio both directions? Have you tried changing the "PBX delivers audio" option in 3CX on each line? Have you tried removing the port forwarding at the remote ends? I haven't found it necessary to do port forwarding at a location where there is one remote extension.

leejor said:
Do other calls have audio, site 2 to site 1, site 3 to site 1, etc.? Is it no audio both directions? Have you tried changing the "PBX delivers audio" option in 3CX on each line? Have you tried removing the port forwarding at the remote ends? I haven't found it necessary to do port forwarding at a location where there is one remote extension.

Hello, thanks for your response.

1. Yes, no audio both directions.
2. I have tried "PBX delivers audio" but still no audio.
3. I have remove all port forwarding, with the same result, No Audio both directions.

The usual problem is no audio in one direction. If there is no audio at site 1, the 3CX end, then you need to check your Firewall/router at that location. When you run the firewall test on 3CX does it pass?

Are you using the same make/model routers at sites 2 & 3?

leejor said:
The usual problem is no audio in one direction. If there is no audio at site 1, the 3CX end, then you need to check your Firewall/router at that location. When you run the firewall test on 3CX does it pass?

Are you using the same make/model routers at sites 2 & 3?

The 3CX System on Site No.1 is directly connected to Internet with Public IP, with firewall turned off.
Firewall checker result = 0.

Yes, site no.2 and site no.3 is identical the same. LinkSYS PAP2NA behind mikrotik router.

I just tried to call site no.2 and no.3 with a softphone from iphone (Iphone to PAP2NA in site 2 or 3), it works!!
But still no audio from both side if i use PAP2NA to PAP2NA.

Was the iPhone an extension off 3CX? On the local LAN or remote? I would try bypassing the router at one remote end, let the set pick up a public IP. If it works to 3CX then it is most likely a router issue at the remote end. If it still doesn't work, then I would review the settings in the PAP2NA. Were the ATA's used in a previous set-up (non 3CX)? If so did you do a factory reset before setting them up for use with 3CX? I haven't had any issues with the majority of default settings on Linksys FXS devices. Other than the password/server/STUN, etc., most settings don't have to be touched until you want to customize the tones / region.

Sounds like a firewall setting or a PAP2 setting. Am I to understand that your server at site 1 is connected directly to your broadband connection on a public IP with no firewall? Do yourself a favor an allow only ports 5060, 5090 (if using the firewall) and 9000-9050. Deepending on the server used (abyss or IIS) open port 5481 or 80 if needed.

To further help on this matter, you can setup your server to be PPTP server (if it's a windows server OS) and the MikroTik to connect via PPTP. This should alleviate your problems.

Make sure that on your PAP2 you have the VIA settings correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmirLD
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.