Ringing external numbers

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by american10, Nov 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. american10

Hello. I am setting up a digital receptionist with three options.

Option 1: Transfers to voicemail for an extension.
    Option 2: Ring group.
    Option 3: Ring group.

My only issue is that option 2 and 3 should/need to have members that are outside of the PBX. These are basically on-call type people for repairs. I know I could install the 3CX smartphone app on each of their phones, but I'm worried about the reliability of such a solution. In an emergency we would need to know that the person received the message.

Is it possible to add external phone numbers (cell phones) to a ring group or am I thinking about this in the wrong way?

2. davidlee

hi , you can set forward number to you external number for those extension in ringroup in case 3cx apps on smartphone not running becouse of no internet (bad 3g/4g data signal . )

3. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Forwarding rules are generally ignored when the incoming call is a part of a ring group rather than directed only to one extension number. What would probably work is the Ring my mobile at the same time option. You could create some dummy extensions that each also ring an outside number. Keep in mind that a mobile that is not within reach (out of area), or is engaged, and the call goes directly to that mobiles voicemail (or other recording), will usually end the call right there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.