Ringing Hunt Group

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by vincelarkin, Aug 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vincelarkin

Hello,

We are using the free edition of 3cx and have set up a hunt group with the option "ring all"

The problem is that if I'm on a call and the hunt group starts ringing, as I hang up then my phone will not start to ring so I can answer the next call. I have to go to another extension to get the call.

Anyway around this? Or is this a feature that is fixed in the paid versions?

2. vincelarkin

We are using Snom 300 handsets

The 3cx version is 6.0.806.0

If the phone is on hook when the call is initiated then they do ring.

3. vincelarkin

blf light? what is blf

If I'm on the phone and someone else calls then they get a busy tone and I don't know that they are calling.

4. vincelarkin

Yes that seems to work, although if I'm dialing out on to a external number and there is no answer while another call is ringing and I hang up then it does not ring until the next call is coming in.

5. AlecM

I would hazard a guess that the 3CX system has compiled a list of the handsets that were not busy when the call came in, then sent the call signal to them.
    When you hang up your call, the call signal isn't being sent to your extension as it was initially busy?

Only a guess - I don't know if 3CX would recognise that you'd hung up durng the ring group being called and then add your extension to the ring signal of the entire group? If it does re-build the available list of extensions in the ring group after handset status changes, you would expect it to include your handset after hanging up, which is what you indicate you expect, right?

6. vincelarkin

Hi Alec,

Thats spot on what I mean.

I have just purchased the small business edition and will see what happens when I install this.

Will get back to you all next week.

Thanks again.

Vince

7. alexmallia

alexmallia New Member
    3CX Support

Try to do the following:

1. On each Extensions, under the properties -> Destination Unreachable / Forwarding -> Phone Busy, set the Busy Detection to "Phone status"

2. Open the file 3CXPhoneSystem.ini found in Program Files\3CX PhoneSystem\Bin and under the section [General] insert the following

allowUseBusyOptForGroup=1

Apply changes, restart the 3CX services and retry now

regards

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. vincelarkin

Thanks for your help, all works fine now!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.