• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Ringing tone with digital receptionist

Status
Not open for further replies.

roth

Reaction score
Hi,

We are using the digital recepptionist to play a message that says dial the extension number you require and then if they don't going on to a real receptionist extension number. However between the end of the message and picjkup the caller does not receive any ringing tone its just blank. The same happens if they dial an extension number, the extension rings fine but the caller hears nothing till the phone is answered. Because it is just quiet the caller tends to think the call is lost.

Is their anyway to make it sound a ringing tone in these circumstances or have I missed something in the setup?

What do you have your timeout set to?

The default I believe is 60 seconds. This starts after your recording has finished. I set my Timeout to 5 and setup to automatically connect to ring group. The receptionist will then say "Please hold while I transfer your call."

You can even go lower then 5 but I do 5 so they have enough time to dial an extention.

The timeout is set shorter and there is plenty of time for callers to put in the extension number they require. This then auto transfers them through to the extension successfully. However once forwarded they do not get a ringing tone or a busy tone as appropriate just silence till the extension user answers the call or not. This is quite off putting for the caller.

At the moment this has become a bit of a show stopper as we have installed a 16 concurrent call license at our smallest site and the management say this needs to be better before I can consider rolling the software out to all our sites. I tend to agree with them. Otherwise we are very pleased with the functionality etc.

When you login to your 3CX please go to Settings/General and in the general tab you should see Music on Hold. Is there any .mp3 or wav listed in the box?

Yes there is a music on hold mp3 file defined there and I can play it from the management interface so it does contain something.

Whats Operating System is your 3CX installed on?

Have you tried placing a call internally on a phone that is registered in the PBX and see if you get sound?

Its installed on woindows 2008 R2.

Internal calls get ringing tones and calls that come from outside that go direct to extensions using DDI also get ringing tones, it only seems to be calls transferred through the digital receptionist.

Do you have any PSTN gateways setup or just a VoIP provider?

Ill be going to lunch soon so I will go ahead and list what else I think it could be.

in VoIP Provider/PSTN gateway
there is a tab labeled 'Advanced'
Make sure Supports Re-Invite and Supports Replace is unchecked
Make sure PBX Delivers Audio is checked.
After I would restart your 3CX and wait 2 minutes before trying another call.

Thanks for all the suggestions

For incoming and outgoing calls we are just using a pstn with an ISDN circuit, this is connected via a patton smartnode 4960.

I tried the suggestions on the advanced tab and I still did not get any ringing or busy tones on transfer, I did get a meesage that "transfer had failed" if I killed the call from the extension. This still means that a caller has no idea if the transfer has worked on not if no one answers the extension becuase they are not there.

I wondered if there was a time out on transfers that would then return them to the digital receptionist? If there was and this could be set reasonably short the silence might not be so bad.

Hope that makes sense

I also have this issue with the Digital Receptionist is there a solution for this problem?

I'm using Windows 7 with 3CX V9 (the free version)

If I can't resolve this issue I won't be able use the software. I can't use a product that doesnt supply a ringing tone for customers dialing my company, they will hear nothing and hang up he phone before the audio for the digital receptionsit kicks in

I did resolve this in the end on 2008 R2 I had to install the desktop experience feature.

Not sure if there is a similar thing in windows 7 as I haven't played with Windows 7 a lot.

i have the same issue , when caller enter the extension direct , he cant hear ring tone . Does any one solve this issue before ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.