Ringtone change and PUSH delay

Discussion in 'iOS' started by Michal Knezourek, Oct 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michal Knezourek

Hi,
    We are deploying iOS clients to large amount of devices...
    Users are asking, if they can change ringtone... is it possible?

Another think is, that if there is incoming call to phone, it will take x seconds before opening app..
    If I have queue, where it has to ring 15 seconds, and it takes more than 5 seconds to open app..it's bad... it is really random, how long it takes... the same behaviour if the phone is on wifi or lte... any ideas?

Thank you.
    Michal

2. Sopock

Sopock Member

Maybe such large amount of devices will draw @Nick Galea attention.

In any case, CallKit should even allow users to distinguish calls from 3CX client by setting to vibration only.
    Client can be improved by CXProviderConfiguration in which ringtone from app bundle can be specified.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Vali_3CX

Vali_3CX Well-Known Member
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #3 Vali_3CX, Oct 15, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2017
  4. Michal Knezourek

Hi Vali and all other people,
    I think, that push is one thing, but time for connecting call after answering is second thing...
    When I have app on phone opened and I click to answer incoming call, it will take 2 seconds to hear the other side.... in this time, the other side still hear ringing..
    People are automatically clicking answer and then they start speaking.. but because of delay it's something like click answer, "hello", "hello", "hello" :)

Is there any best practice for setting up for best speed? Use 3CX tunnel or not, Use UDP/TCP, etc... ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.