• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Ringtone in middle of 3CX announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.

rmm

Reaction score
There’s not an easy way to explain this, but...

On our Snom 320/360 v8.4.21 (but not 300 interestingly) when we’re listening to one of the automated 3CX v9 messages or doing an intercom page, we hear a ring tone in the middle e.g. logging out of the queue with *63 goes “This extension –ring-ring-the queue” or when you’re dialling into voicemail “Please enter pers-ring-ring-then press hash”...

This has been happening for a few firmware versions (I’ve been upgrading to see if it goes away), so now I’m checking to see if anyone else on 3CX v9/Snom has the same issue.

I’ve also noted that our Snoms get slower and slower as the day/week goes on in responding to 3CX key presses and connecting audio when a call is placed/answered. The does seem to be 3CX/Snom related as we’re still running another identity on the same phones and that seems fine. The only way around this is to reboot the phone and then it starts off fast again. We’re kind of rebooting in the mornings when we arrive at our desks... not ideal...

Any ideas greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Does this apply to version 8 as well?

Have you done analysis using wire shark?
I suggest that also you look for any settings to do with early media.
Richard Crabb

Sorry it’s taken me a while to reply, Richard.
I didn’t have this problem with v8, no. I’ve done analysis on Wireshark, but not sure what I’d be looking for in this voicemail ‘ring-ring’ instance.
Early Media in the Snom settings?
Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gamingpro2131
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.