Ringtone only @ headset && Client always on top

Discussion in 'Windows' started by Tugi2o, Jan 11, 2008.

1. Tugi2o

hi,

do you know, if it is possible,

- that the ringtone is played by the intern sound speakers? i am using a headset and the ring tone can be heared only at my headset.

- that 3cx client appears always on top?

2. darrellchapman

I do not believe that you can have both speakers and headphones (headset) active at the same time. I never encountered any motherboard or soundcard that supports this functionality.

The 3CX client does not include a "stay on top" or "Modal" function. You can, however, implement this feature yourself with any number of free (and commercial) Windows applications. Do a Google search for "stay on top."

3. Costas3CX

Costas3CX New Member

It is possible to select which output device plays the ringing and which plays the audio in the client. HOWEVER, you need for example usb bluetooth headset for that so that the computer recognizes/detects them as a different multimedia device. Or else when you plug in the standart headset in the headphone/microphone jack, you automatically disable computer speakers and what you are describing is not possible.

4. Tugi2o

i'm sure that this is possible.
    at version 4034 you can select different audio devices, which play the sound:

icrophone device: USB Headset
    Ringing device : SigmaTel Audio ==> soundcard of my Laptop with integrated speakers
    Playback device : USB Headset

Now all ringtones AND dialingtones are played by the intern speakers of my notebook.
    The spoken words are played by ma headset.
    BUT the problem is, that the DIALINGTONES shouldn't be played also by the RINGING Device.
    So the RINGING DEVICE should be SIGMATEL AUDIO (speaker, which i can hear also if i don't have the headset on my head) and DIALING DEVICE should be the same as PLAYBACK DEVICE = USB HEADSET (so that only i can hear the dialing tones).

5. Tugi2o

Version 4132: Problem solved - Thank you, now it works fine ;)