Ringtones Based on Criteria (Cisco Phones)

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by TSlocum, Jan 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TSlocum

TSlocum New Member

Is it at all possible with 3CX to set different ringtones for different situations. Or is this a phone issue? We have Cisco SPA514G Voip phones.

For example, if we have two locations and want to help the second location with their incoming calls during a busy time, would it be possible to route some of their calls to our office, and set the ringtone to something specific, so we know it's a call coming in to the second location?

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

My understanding is that different ringtones are Caller ID based which can work when dealing with outside calls. If that can't be made to work in your situation, and there is a spare line key available on the sets involved, you might think about sending overflow calls to the "other" line key that has a different ringtone assigned.

3. TSlocum

TSlocum New Member

How would I do that?

Another example I've been asked about is: We have a secondary number, which I set up as a DID in the inbound rules with a digital receptionist. It prompts the caller to dial the desired extension. Is there a way to make it so calls coming from the digital receptionist have a different tone?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.