Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Roadmap for future updates/versions of 3CX?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by dbarney, May 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dbarney

Hello,

I am evaluating the 3cx software, and was hoping to see if there was a roadmap, or a list of what will be getting added/being worked on.

Thanks!

2. dbarney

That makes me overall feel much happier with atleast the next big release, but what about a listing of the little things?

I know in the feature request forum, there are a lot of big requests. Many of which I am highly interested in. Is there any listing of which features you might be incorporating? I can see many are very simple requests, im comparison to the big V6 features you are adding.

Thanks!

3. archie

archie Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

We can not enumerate countless small things we added or fixed. If you're interested in something specific - ask here, and I'll try to answer.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. dbarney

I understand. Well, here are a few features/bugs I have interest in, and a few questions which will help me make up my mind pretty quick.

Make Auto Attendant repeat after a given time: http://www.3cx.com/forums/digital-receptionist-repetition-5037.html
    Connectivity to Level Platforms (i want to suggest Connectwise, Kaseya, and the like): http://www.3cx.com/forums/levelone-products-4942.html
    Windows Mobile VOIP Clinet: http://www.3cx.com/forums/3cx-voip-client-on-windows-mobile-6-pro-4918.html
    Repoll to see if an extension is available: http://www.3cx.com/forums/the-feature-all-pbxs-have-except-3cx-re-poll-4622.html
    Web based restart of services and/or server: http://www.3cx.com/forums/restart-3cxservices-from-webmanagement-1707.html
    Call recording with ability to listen to call recordings: http://www.3cx.com/forums/call-recording-for-quality-monitoring-pruposes-4041.html

I personally am interested in if there exists an API.
    Also, whether someone has thought of making a HUD like HudLite for Trixbox. We use HudLite in our office, as it allows us a quick, easy, clean (and small footprint) way to review extensions, transfer calls, see who is on the phone, etc. (This is actually a feature which makes Trixbox the most sellable to us).

These are a few examples that would make this 3cx software much easier for me to cell for internal use, and for our clients.

Thanks for your time, i greatly appreciate the very quick responses.

5. archie

archie Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

Wow, mostly they are not a "small features" :)

1) Autoattendant repeat: I'm not sure if it is implemented, but it is the only small feature in the list :) so we can consider to implement it quite soon. Probably as an update to V6
    2) Level-one: we do not have their products in test lab to check, but if they stick to SIP standard - you will not experience any problems with them
    3) Windows Mobile VoIP client: it's the biggest one. We're thinking about it, but I doubt it will be available soon. Optimistic ETA is 3-5 month.
    4) Repoll: is actually done. Just use call queue.
    5) Web-based restart: another quite small feature which we haven't done yet just because we suspect quite a security breach if we implement it. Here I can suggest to use some own-made scripts or web-services which can do it for you. It's quite trivial, but if YOU do it - you do it at your own risk.
    6) Call recordings: is implemented. And in V6 you can set a flag for extension which tells PBX to record all calls to/from that extension - also done. But it will not announce that call is being recorded - to announce it is up to customers.
    7) V6 will provide simple HTTP API. We're considering .NET API for further versions. Probably it will be available in V7.
    Re HUD - I don't know what it is. Will Google for it now.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. archie

archie Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

Update on HUD. Yes, we're considering it. Though can not tell exactly when and in which form it will appear. Actually, we've already improved our phone client to perform many of HUDLite features, and it is currently improving even more.

7. archie

archie Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

Partially. You can not listen to voice mails from web page, but you can make a call to voicemail system using HTTP API. This feature may appear in the (probably near) future though, as soon as we provide web-based phone client.

8. wisecomputers

wisecomputers New Member

How about the call queue to ring in a order? So I can tell the system what sales people are rated higher so they get the calls first if they are avalable?

Dan

9. dbarney

I would like to definately thank you for your response. THose are very reasonable, adn the simple fact that I am in discussion with people who are involved in 3CX makes me very happy. I am going to be discussing this product with my boss next week, to get the final approval.

10. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

dbbarny

Our version of 'HUD' is the 3CX VOIP client - it can do most of the things you mentioned. In v6 it will also be able to monitor call queues.

11. archie

archie Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

We have plans of improvements of Queue Manager. And it will be one of agents polling strategies for sure. Moreover, you will have many more possibilities to choose from.

Yes, standard answer: as long as it stick to RFC on SIP and RTP - it will work. Actually, if I'm not mistaken there were reports about successful connections of mobile SIP phones somewhere on these forums.

12. Don A

Where does this item stand? I have just reviewed the manual for version 7 and do not see support for this feature. I am not overly concerned about the many more possibilities but the top down hunt strategy is very critical to our ability to use call queues.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.