Roaming Profiles with 3CX Softphone

Discussion in 'Windows' started by Outlook, Sep 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Outlook

Hi there,

I noticed Mark posted that roaming profiles are working in the latest release of the 3CX Softphone. I'm currently running ver. 4.0.13679.0 and cannot get the 3CX profiles to stick after logging off then back on.

I noticed that the profile information is being stored in \documents and settings\%user%\local settings\app data\3cx voip phone

If I'm not mistaken I don't believe anything in the local settings folder is transfered over to the roaming profiles share on my file server.

The only thing I can think that would be different in my enviroment is I have an option in group policy set to not cache the profiles on the local machine once a user logs out from the machine.

Any insite would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks for your time.

2. Vali_3CX

Vali_3CX Well-Known Member
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi
    I guess it was a confusion: actual version of 3CXphone cannot handle roaming profiles, that's for sure. We have in plan this, but I cannot said if it will available on the next release or later.
    Regards
    vali

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Outlook

In case anyone finds this post at a later time I thought I would post an update to this issue.

I came up with a solution that works ok but is not perfect.

Create a login script and put it on your domain controller. Inside the .bat file put something like this:

Code:
    XCOPY "\\ServerName\SharedFolder\%USERNAME%\My Documents\3CX VoIP Phone" "%USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Application Data\3CX VoIP Phone" /E /I /Y
    Then I log into the profile and setup the 3CX softphone. Then I copy the '3CX Voip Phone' Directory from the local profile into the users roaming 'my documents' directory.

*This works for Windows XP. You will have to modify directory structure to get this to work in Windows 7.

4. SquareOneResources

Has anyone come across the same problem with MyPhone? Silverlight installs it into a directory which generates a random set of numbers as part of one of the folder names, this is then different for every user so when a new user logs onto the machine the shortcut they brought with them as part of their roaming profile no longer works.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.