Rollback 3cx (Call Quality/Fortinet)

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by RyanF, Nov 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RyanF

Hi Guys

Has anyone managed to do a successful rollback from v15.5 to v15? I am presuming I would just need to do a full backup and restore it.

One of our clients has been complaining of bad call quality and seem to believe it has gotten 10 x worse since we did the upgrade to v15.5.
    However they have also recently installed a Fortigate(Not managed by us) with QOS.

They are also running on a GSM network for voice which we are trying to convince them to move to a fibre link.

We would like to rollback to v15 to just ensure them that the issues they are experiencing are not due to our upgrade. We have upgraded many clients and none have experienced issues

#1 RyanF, Nov 8, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2017
  2. sip.bg

sip.bg Active Member

Probably you need to have an old backup from v15.0, I doubt whether is possible to restore a v15.5 backup on v.15.0 PBX.
    You need to uninstall the PBX and install a v15.0 image and restore an old backup.

However, there should be another reason for bad quality, not the PBX version.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    NickD_3CX and YiannisH_3CX like this.
  3. apostolis_3CX

apostolis_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi RyanF,
    Restoring a v15.5 Backup on version 15 is not supported. It is adviced to downgrade using an old backup file (created using v.15). Copy the backup file in a neutral folder (to ensure not to be deleted by the uninstallation) and continue with the uninstall - Reinstall of the PBX. The whole procedure took me about 30 minutes (Windows machine).
    As sip.bg mentioned " there should be another reason for bad quality, not the PBX version".

#3 apostolis_3CX, Nov 13, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2017
    NickD_3CX likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.