• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Rolling out 3CX phone to 80 workstations

Status
Not open for further replies.

King Computer

Reaction score
Is there a way to script a mass rollout of the 3cx softphone, and configure the extension details for each computer?
Is there an ini or registry entry that can be pushed out to set the extension details?

There is no script but you can make one.

I've got a script that i've been using for some other operations that can be modified to suit your needs. Personally i dont have the time to modify it for this kind of thing.
Want me to PM it to you? You need to have some knowledge of msdos scripting though.

King Computer said:
Is there a way to script a mass rollout of the 3cx softphone, and configure the extension details for each computer?
Hi
You may try to install 3CXPhone on a shared machine providing read/execute rights to its install folder to be accessed by Windows clients machines. Then, these machines may have only a shortcut to the 3CXPhone to run it. However, there is a drawback - loading (or starting) time increase, since audio files and skin will be loaded over network, from the shared machine. Another side-effect is phone uninstalling/updating: this operation could not be performed while files are in use - that means, you will have to stop ALL "clients".

For extension details is not possible such deployment, since such kind of settings are user-specific, and are stored and maintained by 3CXPhone on local machine's logged user's profile.

LeonidasG said:
There is no script but you can make one.

I've got a script that i've been using for some other operations that can be modified to suit your needs. Personally i dont have the time to modify it for this kind of thing.
Want me to PM it to you? You need to have some knowledge of msdos scripting though.

Hi Leonidas -I would like a copy of that if you could PM it?

Thanks

Paul

Sent.

Keep in mind that with minor configuration you can make it to set up your Assistants as well automatically.
Cant help you with the editing of the script at the moment because i'm pretty busy here.

This would be pretty easy with Autoit. Just create a spreadsheet (or use the one you created to import extensions into 3CX) and create a script to pull the parameters and run the install.

Would love a copy of the script. Please send it through. We'll work out how to modify it.

We found the ini file for each user in C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\3CX VoIP Phone (documents and settings on xp systems)

So we will work out a batch way to write & push out each extensions details to that ini file.

Sent it already, did you get it?

King Computer said:
We found the ini file for each user in C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\3CX VoIP Phone (documents and settings on xp systems)
So we will work out a batch way to write & push out each extensions details to that ini file.
Hi

Personally, I'm not in favour of such kind of deploying, due to the fact that configuration files contain machine-specific informations (such as audio device, local network interface, local ports and so on) which may not be valid on another machine. However, if you want to deploy ONLY a profile, you may try something like this

- on your phone, create a working profile.
- open phone's configuration file and find the profile you created, say [PROFILE10]
- copy the whole [PROFILE10] block into a separate UNICODE file.
- in this copy, edit the sensitive field which is NetInterface - set it to 127.0.0.1
- now, for each machine, open its phone's configuration file
- search for latest [PROFILExx] section, say [PROFILE02]
- append the block you kept and rename it to the next index here, that means [PROFILE10] will become [PROFILE03]
- on this new block, edit AuthUser, AuthID, AuthPass according to extension you want
- before saving, check if the Name you given is unique among PROFILE's Names.
- save phone's configuration file.

I repeat, since we don't provide such kind of deployment, you're on your own doing this.

Regards
vali

LeonidasG said:
Sent it already, did you get it?

I didn't get a private message in my forum inbox, and didn't see something by email.
Where was it meant to turn up? You could just post the script on the forum?

Sent it again, it seems i accidentally sent it to some other guy :p

Do you have a list of computer names or hard drive serial numbers for the 70 computers?
If so, I could make you a script using http://www.autohotkey.com that would match up a computer name to an extension.
Or, if all computers had R/W access to a shared drive, I could just make a script that just uses an extension, deletes it from the master list, makes a file that tells you what user name and computer name is using what extention.. (For the future, so you know who has what extension, so you can customize the extension on the 3cx server)
Also, do you have XP and vista?
They use different paths.

If everyone is in a domain, you can run the script via log in.

Ignore the PM i sent you, that was the wrong script.

It would be better to use one of those automated applications that do everything.
Though if you think of it, you would waste more time configuring that application to do it for you, than to just enter the settings yourself :p

Anyway here's the Script, it's untested full of errors that you will have to fix if you wanna use it.

Preferably install it on C:\VPC because all the paths are preconfigured there, or else you can just point to to anywehere else you want.

@echo off
set fol=1
set input=
set count=0
set extnumber=
set pin=
set authp=
set serverip=
set username=
set local=1
set copies=
set cpcount=0
set VoipPhoneCount=1
set confcount=0

:COPYORNOTLOOP
echo ===============================
echo VOIP PHONE DEPLOYMENT
set /P copies=How many Voip Phones are you going to Deploy. The Number of copies you want will be created in C:\VPC: %=%
goto :COPYLOOP

:COPYLOOP
set cpfol=1
copy c:\VPC\3CX VoIP Phone c:\VPC\3CX VoIP Phone%cpfol%
set /A cpcount=%cpcount%+1
set /A cpfol=%cpfol%+1
echo.
echo.
echo.
echo.
If %cpcount% lss %copies% goto :COPYLOOP
if %cpcount%==%copies% goto :CONFIGLOOP

:CONFIGLOOP
echo ==============================================================
echo VOIP PHONE #%VoipPhoneCount% : Extension Settings
echo.
set /P extnumber=Enter the Extension Number for this Voip Phone: %=%
echo.
set /P pin=Enter the Pin for this Voip Phone: %=%
echo.
set /P authp=Enter the Auth Pass for this Voip Phone: %=%
echo.
set /P serverip=Enter the IP of the PBX: %=%
echo.
set /P username=Enter the Caller ID of this Voip Phone: %=%

set /A VoipPhoneCount=%VoipPhoneCount%+1
goto :LOOP

:LOOP
pushd "c:\VPC\3CX VoIP Phone%fol%"
goto :LOOP2

:LOOP2
set Var1=CallerID=%username%
@echo off & setlocal EnableDelayedExpansion
for /F "delims=" %%j in ('find /v "" ^< "c:\VPC\3CX VoIP Phone%fol%\3cxvoipPhone.ini"') do (
set line=%%j
set line=!line:CallerID=%Var1%!
echo.!line!>> "c:\VPC\3CX VoIP Phone%fol%\3cxvoipPhone.new"
)
del "c:\VPC\3CX VoIP Phone%fol%\3cxvoipPhone.ini"
rename "c:\VPC\3CX VoIP Phone%fol%\3cxvoipPhone.new" *.ini
popd
goto :LOOP3

:LOOP3
set Var2=AuthUser=%extnumber%
for /F "delims=" %%j in ('find /v "" ^< "c:\VPC\3CX VoIP Phone%fol%\3cxvoipPhone.ini"') do (
set line=%%j
set line=!line:AuthUser=%Var2%!
)
popd
goto :LOOP4

:LOOP4
set Var3=AuthID=%pin%
set line=%%j
set line=!line:AuthID=%Var3%!
)
popd
goto :LOOP5

:LOOP5
set Var4=AuthPass=%authp%
set line=%%j
set line=!line:AuthPass=%Var4%!
)
popd
goto :LOOP6

:LOOP6
set Var5=PBXAddr=%serverip%
set line=%%j
set line=!line:pBXAddr=%Var5%!
)
popd
goto :LOOP7

:LOOP7
set Var6=LocalPBX=%local%
set line=%%j
set line=!line:LocalPBX=%=%Var6%!
)
popd
goto :LOOP9

:LOOP9
set /A count=%count%+1
set /A fol=%fol%+1
echo.
echo.
echo.
echo.
If %count% lss %copies% goto :CONFIGLOOP
if %count%==%input% goto :SUCCESS

:SUCCESS
echo Congratz, all %copies% Voip Phones are now ready for deployment
exit

Attachments

• VPC.rar
    2.2 KB · Views: 100
Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.