• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Room Based VC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brad Cann

Customer
Basic Certified
Reaction score
Gday All,

Since we have 3cx i'd like to use it as the platform for Room Based VC between our sites. Now most of our staff are how can you say "technologically challenged", so whilst we could just use our boardroom PC and a USB based camera, i think would be too challenging for our users to use, and would prefer if at all possible a Network based Video Camera unit, that could be integrated in 3cx, that would be fantastic.

I've looked at the yealink line of room based VC's but they are quite expensive (Almost cisco pricing), so was interested if anyone had used something similar to what i am after and could recommend something.

Thanks

Although I can't make suggestions on what device to use, I just want to point out that out can use any device that Windows detects as a Video Input device. To be more specific, the device must be listed in the browsers "Cameras" drop-down.

If there are network VCs that have drivers that make them show up as such, then technically this should be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.