Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

route call through providers

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by remiw, Mar 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. remiw

Hello,

I have a 3CX server configured with 2 voip providers. The first on point to my internet voip provider (ippi.fr) and the second one (which is actually a voip trunk) point to a second ipbx.
    Everything work fine and communicate well except that I would like to route/relay calls coming from my second ipbx to my voip provider ippi.fr through 3CX

When I try to dial external number from a phone linked to my second ipbx, the call is routed to 3CX. 3CX identify the source and the voip trunk and apply the inbound routing policy (which is by default to transfer the call to an extension).
    How can I tell 3 CX to route the call to my voip provider ?

Thanks in advance,

Rémi Wuillemin

2. darrellchapman

Rémi,

I'm a little confused about what you're asking but can you setup a dummy extension in 3CX and setup it's forwarding options to "Forward All Calls" to an external number. You can then set some outbound rules to make sure the call is routed through your ippi.fr provider (assuming you want all calls routed to a static number).

Is that what you're asking? Please let us know.

Darrell Chapman

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. remiw

Darrell,

Thank you for your reply.
    I don't want to do forward calls to only one external number (or extension) but rather to forward calls to the number dialed on th phone.

Considering the call flow : phone --> ipbx1 --> 3CX --@--> voip provider

on the soft phone, I dial an external number (can be any number, not static).
    The call is sent to ipbx1 by the softphone (ok)
    The call is forwarded to 3CX by the other ipbx (ok)
    The call is the forwarded to an extension following the inbound routing define on 3cx. (nok).
    I would like 3CX to route the call to the external number though my voip provider.

I am using 3CX free edition and I can see there is a 3CX to 3CX bridge feature in pro edition.
    If my understanding is correct, this is maybe what I need. But does it works with any ipbx or just between two 3CX systems ?

Thanks,

Rémi

4. darrellchapman

If my understanding is correct, then the Bridge function only works with another 3CX IP/PBX.

I'm not sure how to go about setting up what you want to get accomplished. Somehow 3CX has to know what number the client dialed (not difficult) and then setup a new call through your VoIP provider with that number and connect the two? This is beyond my area of expertise. I hope someone else can provide an answer for you.

Darrell Chapman

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. landfiets

landfiets New Member

Allthough I didn' t test it: When you bridge two 3cx' es you also make a virtual extension in the configuration of the bridge. That means that when you make a new outboundrule p.e from virtual extension xxx the outbound always goes by provider yyy, it might be able to dial in from a different 3CX system using the other system' s Provider. Just take a chance and test it.

........quote..from the manual: ......... Virtual extension number – A bridge must be assigned a virtual extension number so
    it can be addressed by the phone system. Accept the default or choose another
    extension that is free...........

So then you make the outboundrule and let that virutal extension always dialout with Provider so-and-so

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.