• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Route calls across bridge

Status
Not open for further replies.

hoosier1077

Reaction score
Hello,
I was hoping I could get some help setting up outbound calls across bridge in case on of my 3cx servers go down. So, I have 2 3cx servers running windows server 2008r2. Store A and store B are now setup on a simpled bridge setup over my ipsec tunnel, and are working very well for 4 digit interoffice bridge calling. However, if I lose my PRI at Store A, my carrier will automatically forward all calls to store B, which takes care of my ibound. However, is there way to then route outbound calls from store A across the bridge and out store B's 3cx server? I hope I explained it well enough, and would really appreciate any help. Thanks in advance...

If your VoiP provider goes down then you could use route 2 in the outbound plan to route to another destination via a relay on a second 3cx server.

If you loose your internet connection you could set up route 3 in the outbound plan to route over a PSTN back up

If you loose your 3cx server then I think you have about had it, although if set it up well and you keep on top maintenance this seems very unlikely. Best thing here is another server available, the 3cx install file ready to go and recent backup with it, then you should be back up in an hour at least.

Thank you very much for reply... Both server A and server B are using a sangoma pri card, so if I lose PRI on server A, what would the second outbound rule need to look like on server A in order to route calls across the bridge to server B and then out the server B's sangoma. If you could show an example that would be fantastic, thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.