route incoming calls by caller ID

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by stash, Jun 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stash

stash New Member

Hi,

Can anyone give me the steps how to make this. i want a specific number to be routed in my extension.

Thanks,

STASH

2. complex1

complex1 Active Member

Hi,

Assuming all incoming call are routed to the receptionist ext.100 and only the incoming call from John Doe with phone number 0123456789 must be routed to your extension 200. Right?
    Go to Extensions 100 >> Forwarding Rules >> Exceptions >> Add Rule and fill in the phone number and action of what you want to do.

Hope this will help.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

Alteratively to the above, and perhaps depending upon how you receive calls, you can also go to inbound rules and establish a a DID using the number of interest. Then you can follow this link for the rest of the setup.

http://www.3cx.com/forums/display-the-name-associated-with-a-did-when-ringing-queue-28821.html

There will be a few minor variations based upon your need/desire, but the key is that using the caller-id info allows for certain routings to occur and in your case, you can input the number of interest, select the type of mask or number upon which to react, and then direct accordingly.

4. stash

stash New Member

Hi,

Thanks will test this :D

STASH

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.