Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Route Outbound PSTN to Specific FXO Port

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by lav180, Jan 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lav180

Hi All,
    3CX = 6.0.806.0
    Gateway
    Patton 4114 H/W V4.4 S/W R4.2
    It's all up and running OK, Green check marks on all FXO Ports and Extensions.

I would like to be able route Outbound PSTN calls through specific FXO ports, one for my business the other for home.
    I set up the Patton using the Config supplied by 3CX.
    On the Outbound rule screen I can't see a way of stating that the rule should use the virtual extension number associated with the FXO port which would thus force that call out on a particular PSTN line.

Look forward to any advice offered.
    TIA,
    Pete

2. discovery1

discovery1 Member

The details from this topic may help

http://www.3cx.com/forums/routing-extensions-to-specific-outbound-ports-8574.html

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. lav180

Hi All,
    Thanks for the pointer. I read that before posting but for some reason it didn't make sense. I found this answer http://www.3cx.com/forums/port-selection-for-outbound-calls-on-patton-4114-incorrect-8587.html from William400 which made perfect sense, they may have been saying the same thing. Anyway carried out change, set up rules, made calls and it's all working OK. Now just need to set up different ring tones for each line and I'll be happy.
    Thanks William400
    Cheers,
    Pete

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.