• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Route specific external calls to DID then all others to a queue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anthony Kniss

Free User
Reaction score
So I have been trying to find something similar to this on the forums but either Im just typing the wrong thing or Im in way over my head. What I'm trying to accomplish is that when an extension receives an external call, I want the number to check against a "white list" then if its not on that list, it should then be directed to a call queue. When asking around, I was told that this can be done by making this within Call Flow Designer. Would anyone be able to provide me any information on how I can accomplish this? Thanks!!
~Anthony

Hi @Anthony Kniss,

You need to create a CFD app, which will be deployed to a special queue that will hold this app. Then, you route all inbound calls to this app (to this queue extension number).

The app needs to check the caller ID (available in the "session.ani" variable), and then decide if you want to route the call to an extension or to a queue. Then you just transfer the call.

In order to check the caller ID you can use a database, a web service, or whatever you need.

Please take a look at the following series of articles, which explain how to validate callers using different data sources:
https://www.3cx.com/docs/cfd-creating-phone-support-portal-1
https://www.3cx.com/docs/cfd-creating-phone-support-portal-2
https://www.3cx.com/docs/cfd-creating-phone-support-portal-3
https://www.3cx.com/docs/cfd-creating-phone-support-portal-4

Kind regards.

Reactions: Anthony Kniss
Alright, I think I got this partially ready but I'm still getting an error when compiling it. I have the following for my flow but getting an error that the ValidateDataXMLFile1 doesn't exist. Everything is verbatim from the PhoneSupportPortal example when it comes to validating the session.ani to the xml file that stores the phone number. Am I still missing something maybe prior to this validate component like "assign a variable" maybe or is there a better way to pinpoint these Compile errors (like how can tell where line 138, 99 is located?)
upload_2017-11-28_11-42-55.png

Hello @Anthony Kniss,

Please take a look at this guide to understand how to troubleshoot this kind of issues:
https://www.3cx.com/docs/manual/cfd-troubleshooting/

I think it's a typo. Your component name is "ValidateDataXMLFile1", but somewhere in your callflow you're referring to it as "ValidateDataXmlFile1" (changes the case). Then, that variable name can't be found. Maybe it's the condition that is using a wrong variable name.

Kind regards.
Ernesto.

and thats what I thought too like "why does it need that 1 there?" so I did go about removing it so that the names were correct then I get the same error message with the corrected name "ValidateDataXMLFile" does not exist then. I'll try it again here shortly and see if maybe I missed changing the name anywhere.

Also something else I notice when playing with it, if anyone else is reading these for information, everything seems to be case sensitive so be sure your copy and pasting exactly what your typing to save you some unnecessary troubleshooting, haha.

Yes, variable names are case sensitive, so it's NOT the same:
ValidateDataXMLFile1
than
ValidateDataXmlFile1

You need to be careful with that.

haha, yeah I needed to take my own advice, that was the issue XML vs Xml.... still along the lines of the session.ani variable, does this only bring in the calledID information or is there another variable i would use to see what number the caller initially dialed? For example to further extend this app for my use, I have it currently just directed to 1 DID number then it checks on that XML list if its valid or not then if yes, it gives a true or false result then directs the caller to either an extension or another queue. Let say I wanted to extend this app to be across multiple DID numbers that the caller dials into this call queue then "based on the callerID & what DID they dialed", it would then check a list to see first if they are on the list then directs them to a specific extension (which usually is the same as the DID they initially called) OR would I have to make a new call queue for each DID and just use the same current validate method?

You can use the same CFD app in a single extension to validate calls to any DID. You just need to create the logic to perform this validation...

Kind regards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.