Routing & Bridges Question

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by microwire australia, Mar 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. microwire australia

Hi Everyone -
    After a few weeks of pulling out my hair I have thrown in the towel and finally decided to ask for some assistance...

I will give you a run down of the current setup.

3CX Version 11 PBX Running in Melbourne Australia with 22 Handsets attached

3CX Version 11 PBX Running in Shanghai, China with 45 Handsets attached

There is a bridge running between the 2 PBX'S, Melbourne is the Master and Shanghai is the slave (Because most outbound calls originate from Melbourne PBX)

We are getting some bad quality on the calls, Even though ping response time between the 2 servers is around 140MS

What appears to be happening, Is that if a call comes in to the Melbourne office it gets routed to someone in Shanghai via the Bridge, As per out inbound rule.

If that person transfers the call back to someone in Melbourne, Then the Call still sits on the Shanghai PBX and the Melbourne PBX, Which of course increases the HOPS the call is taking and causes bad quality.

From a routing / config perspective has anyone done something similar to this before and have any pointers?

Your help is much appreciated

Thanks

Nick

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I remember this sort of issue coming up once before. I think the conclusion was that the system was not "smart" enough to tear down the bridge trunks, if a call was transferred back to the originating PBX. The thinking is probably that for the few number of calls that are transferred back, over bridge trunks, that have enough latency to be noticeable, is not worth implementing the feature.
    Perhaps something you might want to submit as a feature request.

3. donbru01

donbru01 New Member

You have audio delivery by pbx active on bridge trunk?
    Have you enable support replace ?
    What type tranfer , blind transfer or another method ?

4. microwire australia

Thanks for the reply everyone, To answer this question i have PBX Provide Audo and Support replace enabled on the trunks and for incoming calls. Should it be set differently?

They use a combination of the 2, Does it make a difference?

Thanks

5. jpillow

jpillow Well-Known Member

PBX delivers audio does require alot of bandwidth be used when sending calls across the WAN, as you didnt mention having any remote extensions why dou have this feature enabled? That is the only time I can think you would need to enable pbx delivers audio. I would uncheck that box to see if that improves call quality as it requires less bandwidth to send calls back and forth in theory it should improve quailty.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. netswork

netswork Active Member

Please let us know what you find out.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.