• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Routing calls based on time

earthwing

Bronze Partner
Reaction score
I need 3CX to be more flexible when routing calls (SIP trunks->Edit_>general->Routing calls) Rather than have "Destination during Office hours" I would like it changed to enable us to pick a time slot created by us, eg: AM hours, PM hours, PM 2nd Shift, night shift etc.. Then we can attach more intelligent call routing based upon those shifts in combination with the Digital assistant. A great example would be a customer with 3 offices, the morning 'slot' (8am-111:59 am) is routed to office A ring group, the afternoon (12:00 noon to 5:00 pm) to office B ring group and the evening destination (5:01 pm - 8:59 pm) would be a different ring group that maybe a combination of offices A and B. At 9:00 pm the night Digital assistance would run.

Upvote 6
agree with KJM, to add more time slots you can combine the global office times with the extension office times.

I understand where earthwing is coming from here, the way KJM recommends although will work (Which I will need to do myself for an upcoming installation) isn't the easiest way.
If 3cx could change the scheduling to have an "On Hours" "Holiday" and "Custom" much like a ShoreTel system is would simplify the process.

I posted this as an idea some years ago, for slightly different reasons:

The most natural way to answer a call is to say "good morning" or "good afternoon". That being the case, why can't we do that with an IVR?

In V14 we used to replace the IVR audio file with an AM or a PM version based on the time of day. In V15 we can't even do that now as the audio file is cached - all 190kb of it, so now replacing the file has no effect.

We were given a work around but now our inbound routing looks like something off of Ancestry . com from Henry VIII downward.

This simple routing change on time of day would allow us to point to one IVR in the morning and another IVR in the afternoon.

S

Would the new 3cx Call Flow Designer work? (You need to be on PRO License or Enterprise License)

Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.