Routing extensions to specific outbound ports

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by rocketman, Jan 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rocketman

I have been reading through several posts, the manual, and other documentation to figure out a way to route specific extensions to specific outbound ports. Either it is not supported or I am missing something obvious.

I have the latest 3CX Phone system (free version; still testing feasibility) and a Patton 4114 with version R5.2. My inbound rules are working the way I want and I can make outbound calls nicely. What I need is a way to specify the actual outbound line used in either certain instances, or by extension.

My extensions are:
    100 - 105

My FXO ports are:
    0/0 Home phone number
    0/1 Wife's work number
    0/2 My work number
    0/3 Fax line

What I want to do is configure the outbound rules such that the following happens as a priority:
    Extension 102 uses FXO 0/2
    Extension 105 uses FXO 0/1
    Extensions 100, 103, 104 use FXO 0/0

There are several reasons for needing this. Each line has a different caller ID so when my wife makes a business call she needs to go out on FXO 0/1 so the caller ID is her company. Separately, we both make long distance calls and need them to be billed to the appropriate outgoing number so that my business calls are billed to my company, not hers and vice versa. Also, she makes some international calls and the international calling plan is associated with her number. If she makes an international call on my company number, I could be in big trouble with my boss!

Is this a common problem that has a solution, or did I misunderstand the capabilities? I tried the outbound rules but it only lets me route the Patton 4114 without specifying a port. I appreciate the support in advance.

Rocket Man ~~~~=====>>

2. wzaatar

Hello,

May I suggest you configure your gateway to appear as 4 individiual sip accounts. Next, use 3cx to create 4 lines corresponding to those same ones you created and finally apply a simply dial rule?

My 2 cents,

W.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. rocketman

Thanks, W. It sounds like a great idea, but I cannot seem to figure out how to do it. I used the template for the Patton 4114 R5.2 and ended up with the 4114 as the PSTN gateway, but I don't get to pick which ports/lines I can direct calls to.

4. wzaatar

Hi there,

I am using a Grandstream GXW-4104 as my PSTN gateway, and it works perfectly well, now I don't know how many lines you have but there actually several techniques to resolve that issue at your end.

Method 1: If you want to send everything straight to the gateway and not create profiles.

- Make sure to have your gateway set in 1-stage dialing.
    - Go to 'Channels' --> Scroll down to port scheduling schema then define your prefix (The default is 99 by the way).
    - Now, from 3cx, define individual dialing rules for each channel or PSTN number, by prepending 99n (Where n is the channel number) to the number you are calling out.
    - Say you define 'rule 1': If number comes from extension 100 and is 10 digits, prepend 991 (for PSTN FXO port 1) so the number you originally dialed for example 222-123-1234 becomes 9912221231234
    When the GXW picks the number, it 'sees' the 99 leader, understands that you want to reroute the number through channel 1 and trims 991 then dials it out.

Method 2: Define Profiles.

- Create a profile for each PSTN number you have, define a username and password for them.
    - Associate each channel with a profile.
    - From 3CX, create the subsequent number of PSTN lines.
    - Setup your rules to route through the specified profile, this time you don't need to prepend anything.

If you're still having issues with it, pm me...

Cheers,

W.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Jhun Sanchez

Hi, Is this possible on a 3CX free version? when i installed 3CX v15 and created a gateway, it only create one ( i have 4 ports on my Patton gateway) and i have the same issue as the above, i want an extension to call on a specific FX/0 port. thanks

6. Jhun Sanchez

Attached Files:

7. tvdir

8. JasonNadeau

JasonNadeau Member

You've gotta configure the routing in the patton itself. I'll send you a couple of screenshots when I get to the office. It's relatively simple.

9. JasonNadeau

JasonNadeau Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.