Routing SIP signaling message to a WAN emulator

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by abhishek, Mar 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. abhishek

Mar 28, 2011

I have implemented a set up where 3CX SIP client has to send SIP signaling messages to a WAN emulator. The WAN emulator (creates packet loss, delay etc) then forwards the signal to the SIP server. For this I added a route "route add mask" in command prompt of windows machine where my SIP client is installed. Here is my SIP server and is my WAN emulator.

I noticed that the SIP invite does not initiate when I add the above route. The SIP invite initiates after I remove the static route from windows machine. Ex: When I dial a remote extension "200" , the 3CX phone gives me an error "Destination not found" .
    I took a wire-shark trace and observed that I am receiving "SIP 404 not found error".Correct me if I am wrong but I guess there is problem with the SIP server(asterix).

Can some one help on this. TO route SIP signaling messages through a emulator and then to the SIP server.
    Note: SIP clinet , router interface 1, and WAN emulator are connected to a switch. Router interface 2 is connected to SIP server.

Any help on this is highly appreciated!!! Many Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.