Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Routing to operator from voicemail

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by kmikos, Oct 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kmikos

We have around 45 locations within our company. Many of the offices have their own Digital Receptionist that direct patients to various locations/staff members. Our problem is that when a patient calls and ends up with someone's voicemail, they will very often press 0 or * to route to the operator. Since we can only define one operator, they all route back to one call queue - which does not service all locations. Is there a way to disable this function without disabling the operator extension? The ideal situation would be to have an option within the extension's voicemail to direct the call when they press a key (i.e. the message could say "I'm out of the office, press 1 to transfer to my supervisor, 2 to go to the main menu, etc."). I realize this is the function of the DR, it would be good to have that flexibility at the VM box level. Short of that, if we could disable the option all together when in voicemail, that would be acceptable. Any suggestions?

2. CBUTLER

Disabling the option would be great. How are you able to route them back to a call queue when they press 0?

As far as I can see, the "Operator Extension" only allows to go to direct extensions. Ideally I'd like it to go to a call queue or ring group because many office have more than one receptionist or they wouldn't want the call going directly to a receptionists extension and then possibly not answered or gets to the receptionists personal voicemail. If it could go to a queue or ring group, that would be perfect.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.