RPS - Is it ready for Yealink yet?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by sean.suntelnetworks, Feb 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sean.suntelnetworks

I'm using .80.x.130 firmware , I've factory reset a T29G and I don't see it trying to reach out to the Yealink RPS server.

In the .81 firmware, it says it's not been certified for 3cx yet.

Suggestions?

2. tsukraw

tsukraw New Member

Couple things on this. A yealink phone only stays in RPS for 14 days. After 14 days it is removed.
    So if you have a phone that gets factory reset after 14 days of being a extension just go into the extension click edit/ok.
    You should on the home page see.
    3CX Phone System Management Console ID: 10018
    RPS request for Yealink T"PHONE MODE" IP Phone of "EXTENSION NUMBER" delivered successfully.
    The .130 firmware should work perfectly fine with RPS we utilize it with 3CX all the time.

As for the .81 firmware stay tuned. The templates for .130 firmware do NOT work with .81 firmware due to changes in the firmware and the first account not being 0 any more.
    But the new yealink phones like the T46S start off on firmware version .81 so i 100% expect 3CX to update the template to support the .81 firmware.

Hope that helps.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. sean.suntelnetworks

Yep, I see "RPS request for Yealink T29G IP Phone of Sean Suntel (799) delivered successfully", however when I factory reset the phone, I don't see it going out to the RPS server.

Is there anything I need to do to the phone to nudge it to look at the RPS server after I factory reset?

4. sean.suntelnetworks

During Boot, I keep seeing Redirector showing 'Skipped', however I'm not touching the phoine when it's skipping this.

5. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

The phone won't display anything when trying to contact the RPS servers, it does so in the background.
    What FQDN and what certificate are you using on your PBX? The certificate used must be trusted by Yealink in order for this to work.
    If it is not then you need to go into the phones interface / security / trusted certificates and disable the option "Only Accept trusted certificates".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.