RTP Port issues with Cloud Server V12

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by wilsonian88, Jun 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wilsonian88

Hi All,

I am experiencing some odd RTP port conflicts in Cloud Server v12 and wanted to see if anyone has hadd the same issue.

Our clients are complaining of intermittent call quality and dropout issues. from the logs we are seeing lots of the following sorts of error messages (In all of the tenants):

C:7.1: No RTP packets were received:remoteAddr=*.*.*.*:16248,extAddr=*.*.*.*:55004,localAddr=*.*.*.*:55004 (IP's blanked out)

These are usually accompanied with "3CX was unable to bind to port 55***" errors however as we have just restarted the server none have appeared in the fresh logs as of yet. As we are adding more tenants the errors seem to be getting more prevalent.

What i have noticed is that in Version 12 there is one shared Media Server and all clients are set to use ports (50000-54999) for internal calls and (55000-59999) for internal/external ports respectively whereas in version 11 multitenant each had thier own set of RTP ports and a dedicated Media Server.

So far i have tried to change the FIRSTLOCALPORT/FIRSTEXTPORT/LASTLOCALPORT/LASTEXTPORT in the custom parameters so that the tenants will hopefully not conflict anymore during calls, however restarting all the services and a reboot of the whole server has been unable to start the PBX from using the new port ranges set.

Can anyone give me some insights to resolve this issue?,

Thank You

2. ian.watts

ian.watts Active Member

netstat -ban | clip
    I'd use Notepad++ to paste the results and search for the port it failed to bind.
    It is likely the binding failed because "something else" is listening there already.
    It'd be like trying to start Apache when IIS is already there.

Oh.. just like Exchange 2003's RPC endpoint and DNS.. good times! They always ran into each other's ports until properly trained.. same here likely.

3. wilsonian88

Thanks Ian,

The issue I am seeing is that the other tenants on 3CX are taking the ports and causing conflicts.

Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.