RTX Dect Phones

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by nu.sigma, Oct 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nu.sigma

We recently managed to get RTX Dect phones working with 3CX, and documented the process, and thought of sharing.

The usual disclaimer applies - the procedure is not supported in any way.

Attached Files:

2. RichardCrabb1

RichardCrabb1 New Member

Hi,
    Thanks for your document and noted about loading the directory. It would be nice to automate this, but it would not be an issue if there were a reasonable number of RTX phones.

I have been using these phones for a while including the facility to allow dect roaming between base stations. They work very well. The handsets are very good quality as well.

It is very good value as the roaming capability is much cheaper than competing products and works seamlessly.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. ccomley

Put one of these together today. Without seeing this page. Well, we arrived at the same solution, was pretty straightforwards.

EXCEPT

We can't transfer calls. The extensions can call each other and all is fine. But when Ext 1 calls Extn 2, then Extn 2 does a transfer to Extn 3 (blind or attended) then once the transfer completes (it's all OK up to that inccluding the 2<->3 voice during attended trfr) theres no audio either way between 1 and 3.

Tried putting the IP of the 3CX box in the RTX server confiig as "outgoing proxy" but that made no diff.

4. RichardCrabb1

RichardCrabb1 New Member

Hi,
    I have just tried that and it worked OK. There was must be a difference between yoour setup and mine. 3CX is v11 SP3, the RTX base stations are 01.79. Only 1 server is defined without a proxy. 3CX settings in "other" on extension has supports re-invite unticked. I am not sure why this is - so need to do more testing.

Does this help?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. ccomley

Thanks Richard.

3CX here is 11sp4 but, as yet, not registered.

RTX... dunno what version, need to check they're up to date I guess.

More testing to be tested. Glad to hear it isn't a widespread issue anyway.

6. ccomley

Thanks - having now tried it, I can confirm that changing the "support-reinvite" setting did the trick.

I wish I knew more about the intricacies of SIP, I could probably then explain why! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.