Rule to play message or reject unidentified phone calls

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by erike4, Nov 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. erike4

Is there a way to send a call to the auto attendant or reject unidentified calls? We are being deluged with sales people using unidentified caller id's and would like to play a message that these calls are not accepted and to call back on a properly configured phone.

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

If there are specific numbers you wish to "deal" with you can make use of the caller blacklist. I'm not sure if there is a way, yet, to handle blocked/anonomous callers.

3. erike4

It seems, somehow, every insurance agent, Car salesman, used car salesman etc etc has found out how to go to private numbers. We have blocked these calls from our cell phones with Nokia call manager since we roam allot and the cost add up. we now have to have a real operator replace the auto attendant to screen all calls. It would be a good feature to block...

4. RichardCrabb1

RichardCrabb1 New Member

I believe that the below was supported in version 8. I have not actually tested it though in version 9including the blocked numbers facility. What used to work was instead of entering the number, enter the phrase that the operator presents such as anonymous, withheld or unbekannt etc.

Let us know whether or not that helps.

Regards
    Richard Crabb

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. abc123

abc123 Active Member

I use it on one of my lines.

In the forwarding rules i created an exception and in Caller ID I put in Restricted and send it to voicemail. It works.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.