Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Run 3CX Fax Service on Windows 2012 R2

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by sjhosseini, Dec 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sjhosseini

I installed fax service features in Windows 2012 R2 and wanna to send a fax via 3CX.
    For this I need to install 3CX fax server driver but I couldn't find this driver anywhere.
    I try http://www.3cx.com/downloads/3CXfaxserver.msi but I couldn't to download it.
    Anybody can help me?

Thanks.

2. sip.bg

sip.bg Active Member

3CX is not supporting sending fax, unless you use an ATA and fax machine.
    Fax server for sending faxes was available long time ago, may be in version 7.

Currently only fax-to-mail, i.e. receiving faxes is supported by 3CX on T.38 capable trunks, for all other operations you need an ATA and a fax-machine.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    YiannisH_3CX likes this.
  3. sjhosseini

Thank you for your answer.
    Do you have any recommendation about T.38 solution for Windows 2012 R2 that able to connect 3CX server and send fax to mailbox?

4. sip.bg

sip.bg Active Member

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    sjhosseini likes this.
  5. perfectcast

Hi,
    Depending on your SIP trunk provider they may have a fax service which will mean you don't have any hardware to procure/administer
    We have this with our provider, basically you email a pdf of the fax service to an email address including the destination number and it gets sent.
    for incoming faxes an internal mailbox is set-up to receive fax comms also via pdf
    Neil.

sjhosseini likes this.
  6. schmork

We use http://www.t38faxvoip.com/fsp/ it works as a virtual modem and you can use Windows Fax Service to receive faxes from the system. Depending on volume you can add more port licenses and receive more simultaneous calls. It will require you to install it on a separate server or else you may have some port conflicts since it acts as a SIP client.

sjhosseini likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.