Running 3CX behind a Sonicwall firewall

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by nomadic, Sep 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nomadic

We recently installed 3CX 9 on our SBS 2008 box, but we have some trouble making it work consistently. Our problem is mainly one way audio when dialling out, and on some very rare occasions, outside calls not coming in through to our PBX. When dialling out we can 'always' hear the recipient but they can very often not hear us.

Our network setup is very simple: We have the PBX on LAN connection to a SIP trunk in WAN. We have a static IP and I've switched of STUN. All ports are afaik forwarded correctly.

I suspect our Soincwall TZ 210 is the root of all our trouble, and I wanted to know if anyone here has been able to make this combination work?

2. mylove4life

mylove4life New Member

i use a one and it works ok, has to be a config problem...

3. StefanW

StefanW Head of Customer Support and Training
    Staff Member 3CX Support

look of the end of this doc. it is written in german but there is a sonicwall

http://www.3cx.de/blog/firewall-konfiguration-phonesystem/

they have sip alg feat. witch you as best disbale!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. sigma1

sigma1 Active Member

Are you on a static IP? if so, try and turn off STUN on the server (make sure you enter the correct STATIC public IP)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.