Running 3CXPhone multiple simultaneous locations

Discussion in 'Windows' started by bbaker73, Jan 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bbaker73

bbaker73 New Member

I think this should work due to sip forking, but want to make sure we won't run into any issues off the bat.

Basically, any issues foreseen running 3CXPhone for an extension both locally and simultaneously in a remote desktop session?

Several clients have homegrown CRM. Getting them to integrate and use makecall command for click to call from their CRM, and using Behavior in 3CXPhone to invoke a custom app on Ringing to get caller id to pass back to their CRM was pretty easy for them.

In the working environment though, this CRM is accessed remotely in a terminal session. 3CXPhone needs to be installed in the terminal session to interact. That is fine except in some instances, clients need to freely see 3CXPhone presence on one screen, not interfering with CRM on another screen.

So in this case, they'd need to run 3CXPhone in the terminal session for CRM interaction, and another 3CXPhone on their local desktop simultaneously for presence etc.

Other than both ringing if they have audio enabled in the RDP session, I don't see any issues.

In this scenario, would be neat if 3CXPhone had modes for Softphone, CTI, CTI-Relay, wherein CTI-Relay displayed less information, such as just showing incoming caller id, or in makecall the outgoing number, and turned off audible ringing, dialing keypad and other features.

2. eddv123

eddv123 Well-Known Member

Hi bbaker73,

I can confirm I have had (to a single extension) a deskphone, 3CXPhone for Android and 3CX Phone for Windows all simultaneously. But never dual Windows or anything like that.

What I would expect however is some confusion on the extension if this were the case, however this is only a guess.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.