• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Running Debian 8? Here’s how to go to 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

nb

Support Team
Reaction score
If you downloaded the 3CX ISO in 2017, then your operating system is probably on Debian 8. To move up to the next update or version you will have to upgrade to Debian 9.

Update 6 includes a script to automatically take you to Debian 9. There is no need to login to SSH or enter any commands in the Linux Shell. We recommend you plan for this...
Continue reading the Original Blog Post.

Reactions: jed
If anyone is encountering difficulties here, let us know.
It should be 1 click and go. 20 min later you should have your Debian up to date.
Make sure you upgrade ASAP because Debian 8 images and their support are being phased out rapidly by all top hosting providers. Thanks

this does not work for me. When I click upgrade I am immediately taken to the login screen.

Hello @sebak

Please note that this method is deprecated and i would recommend re-installing the Debian from by downloading the iso from here: https://www.3cx.com/phone-system/download-links/
Take a full backup of the system and download it to a safe location. Then install the new version of Debian and re-install 3CX using your backup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ghisl1
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.