Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Runtime Errors at Install

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by incommsec, Jul 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. incommsec

Hello,

Not sure if this is the right forum but just tried to get started with 3CX last night.

Have a VMWare instance of Window XP Pro
    SP 3
    Intel Core
    i3 3.3GHz
    1GB RAM

I've installed .NET 4

Made sure Windows was fully updated prior to installing 3CX.

Installed and run both versions of 3CX 9 and 10 both times getting the same error message "3cxWizard.exe - .NET Framework Initialization Error Unable to find a version of the runtime to run this application."

This is a clean version of Windows nothing else on it so I cannot see how the Registry can have anything in it, appart from the the .NET download.

And you may have gathered I'm not much of a PC person, I like my MAC and I like commercial things so be gentle with me. Look forward to any help.

Thanks

Mike

2. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

When you installed XP and .net, did you also take time to install the billion or so windows updates? If not, do this and then try. There are a number of net framework downloads in the updates.

3. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

9 and 10 require .NET 2 run-time. You need to find a way to install it on Windows XP

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. misstake2012

3,5 framework

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.