Salesforce Client Pops Don't Always Find Record

Discussion in 'CRM / Helpdesk / App Integration' started by Sam Smith, Mar 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sam Smith

Sometimes, pops don't find an existing record, even when they should.
    However, pops always find a record if that record was created from 3cx.

Here's what I think may be happening: Instead of Salesforce storing phone numbers as digit strings (which 3CX is searching for), the numbers are stored with formatting like (555) 555-5555, if that's how the field was formatted when it was typed/imported.

Since 3cx is creating new records in the format it likes (raw digit strings), it finds those records.

Someone please disavow me of the notion that Salesforce is dumb enough to store formatting inside its data fields instead of stripping them down to raw digits and adding the visual representation of area code parentheses and dashes in the number on the visual side after the fact.

Or offer another reason why this behavior is happening.

2. edossantos

edossantos Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @Sam Smith,

Are you using the server side or client side integration? If you're using the server side, please note that Salesforce requires that you specify a contact lookup length of 7 or 4, as explained at the end of this guide:
    https://www.3cx.com/docs/salesforce-crm-integration/

If you're using the client side integration, the plugin searches for numbers ending in the last 4 digits, and then iterates the results, so it should be able to find the contacts...

Kind regards.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Sam Smith

Per the title, we're using Client side. We have the search settings set to 9, as our contact database is large enough that four concurrent numbers are actually relatively common.

4. edossantos

edossantos Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

OK, thanks for the feedback. I had to ask anyway as the server side integration uses the Web client to show the contact records, so you always have a client side... So it's better to re-confirm to properly troubleshoot...

The MaxCompareLength setting will not change the plugin behavior. That setting will be used to decide which contact is a match. But the initial lookup will consider the last 4 digits, and this is in order to avoid problems with spaces, dashes, etc. as Salesforce stores numbers as strings, and if you try to do the lookup with the entire number you will not have a match...

Did you check the logs from "%AppData%\3CXPhone for Windows\Logs"? Maybe there you have information on why the lookup is failing.

Kind regards.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Sam Smith

Appreciate the help. I'll keep an eye on the logs. FYI, if the lookup is starting from the last four, is it smart enough to ignore ext####?

6. edossantos

edossantos Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

You have a setting in 3CXPhone > Settings > Advanced > Integration > General, to only consider numbers with length greater than X digits. So if you configure that setting, you can ignore calls from internal extensions.

7. Sam Smith

That's not what I'm referring to. In Salesforce, we store numbers with extensions as 555-555-5555x123

8. edossantos

edossantos Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Ah, sorry, I misunderstood you. No, in that case the plugin will not be able to find the contact...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.