Salesforce doesn't come up under Integration in the 3CX client

Discussion in 'CRM / Helpdesk / App Integration' started by psychobunny83, Dec 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. psychobunny83

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong but I've reinstalling 3CX numerous times and I can't get this to work. First I followed the instructions here which are super straight forward: https://www.3cx.com/docs/salesforce-crm-integration/

Unfortunately they just leave you hanging and don't tell you anything further. So I then found this guide https://www.3cx.com/user-manual/salesforce-crm-integration/ which says go to advanced settings and Integration but there's only "General" under Integration. No matter what I do I cannot get Salesforce to appear. I set up the integration in Salesforce days ago as well so not sure what the issue is or if there's logs or actual help somewhere to point to what the issue might be? This is the main reason we bought 3CX so getting pressure to make this work. Thanks!

2. Sam Smith

1. Under the extension's details inside 3CX, is Salesforce ticked in the Integrations tab?
    2. After ticking the Integrations tab, exit and reopen the client.

3. psychobunny83

There's no mention of Salesforce anywhere under Extensions. I assume you mean Extensions in the Management Console? Went through every single line before posting and there was no mention of either Salesforce, CRM, or "integration."

Under CRM in the settings it has Server and a Client tab. I noticed on the Client tab I could pick Salesforce.zip there which did make it appear inside the 3CX softphone, however any time I test calling myself there's no popups or anything that appears. Not sure if that's correct though as I haven't found any guides that mention doing anything on the Client tab. That was the only way to make Salesforce appear under Integration in the 3CX softphone.

Are there no logs or anything anywhere? How do I even know if it is connected to Salesforce properly? It's hard to troubleshoot if I don't know where the issue is.

4. Sam Smith

See attached.

Attached Files:

5. psychobunny83

Yeah I see that one now but there's nothing under it. It says select the integration but the list is empty. If I go to the Client tab in CRM Settings and select Salesforce.zip then it does show Salesforce.zip under this integration dropdown. However having said all of that it still doesn't work when I test calling in from an external number that's in Salesforce as a contact. 3CX rings but nothing happens. So I'm not sure how to tell where the issue is, as it could be a password issue or security token issue or any number of things.

6. Sam Smith

Yes, if you see Salesforce in the 3CX client, and have configured that tab appropriately, then the issue is likely password or security token. We're having bugs with Salesforce integration as well (which is why I'm here), but we get pops.

7. edossantos

edossantos Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello, there are 2 integrations available for Salesforce currently: client side and server side. Here are the differences:
    - Server side integration is configured only once for the entire system, while client side integration needs to be configured for each client.
    - Server side integration will look for the caller ID in Salesforce on incoming calls, and show the contact name as caller ID. Also if you use the WebClient, you will have a link to open the contact in Salesforce. As the web client can be used in other platforms (Windows, Mac, Linux), it's a better solution if your client is not running Windows.
    - The client side integration only works on Windows, and automatically pops up the contact record in Salesforce on incoming calls, creates a new contact if not found, and also saves a call activity when the call ends.

So first you need to decide which integration you need, and then start troubleshooting it. For server side integration, you need to check the server log "3cxSystemService.log". For client side the logs are on the client PC at "%AppData%\3CXPhone for Windows\Logs".

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.