• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Salesforce Integration Requirements

Status
Not open for further replies.

zanthexter

Reaction score
Will a Pro Salesforce.com account work with the 3CX/Salesforce integration, or is an Enterprise account required?

If it currently requires the Enterprise subscription, is there any plan to add 3CX to the AppExchange? If so, any rough timeline?

We actually bought another IPPBX based on it's Salesforce integration, only to discover after we had the software in hand that, "Oh, well, we forgot to mention it, but you need the Enterprise subsctiption." Well, at about $15,000 a year more for the Salesforce.com upgrade, it didn't happen. (And, after some other features proved buggy, neither did that IPPBX)

Turns out, that if it is available via the AppExchange then the Enterprise requirement doesn't apply.

So, as someone trying to get an PBX in place that supports Salesforce.com, I'd really like to hear that it either doesn't require the Enterprise subscription, or that there is a near term plan to get it on the AppExchange.

Combined with the much more reasonable pricing of 3CX and that it will run on an SBS Server or in virtual machine, and I think I have both an answer for my current project, and a product I can roll out to the small (5-10 person) companies I service.

Thanks much for any input!

Z.

Well, I got the system set up and it looks like, sadly, it won't work with the Professional subscription.

So, we have 30 users. At $60 / month / user more for Enterprise subscription. Works out to $21,600 a year to upgrade.

Hopefully 3CX will integrate with AppExchange, because the two phone systems I HAVE found that are listed, are each several thousand more than 3CX, but still less expensive than upgrading our subscription. (mmmuuuuuccccchhh less expensive.)

Attachments

• Salesforce Plugin.jpg
    Salesforce Plugin.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 1,024
hi zantherxter, I am on the same dilemma as you are. But i am considering salesforce just because sugarcrm pro does not have real solutions to integrate pbx/crm from what I have check. I being contacting several integrators but they are all non serious companies or have mature products.

I just asked the salesforce guys to upgrade my demo account to enterprise to check the 3cx plugin but as you mention, upgrading my 10 users will cost a lot. Its cheaper to change 3cx to a cheaper solution that does not required API than to upgrade.

on the other hand we do need WORKFLOWs that the enterprise offers, also several webservices for erp integration..

by the way, most of my incoming calls say "contact now found" even if they are on the salesforce database. did you got into that problem? the actual info in there was added by the same plugin.

thanks
Guillermo
http://www.ofik.com

Contact Salesforce themselves. They will give you a better understanding.

I have seen accounts that do not work.

The funny thing is that if you register for a free account with salesforce it will work. So I don't really know what to say.

Can you guys try this (free trial account) and confirm from your end? Because if a free account works, there is no reason why a paid subscription (any paid subscription) should not work.

its not a problem of Salesforce, the look up is being done wrong on the 3cx plugin, maybe the 3CX programmers didn't update (or test) the plugin along with the salesforce api updates they make every semester. that happens all the time with hosted applications.

right now if you open a SF demo account it will be PRO Version, even if you select ENTERPRISE. And as it is, "it does not work", it returns NO CONTACTS FOUND. I called salesforce and they had to mannualy upgrade me to enterprise to enable the API ( I have a 30 day trial). after this, I restarted the assistant and created a contact but on a second call from the same number the look up finds nothing (even when the data is on the SF).

when you say free account what do you mean, a demo? SALES FORCE API is only available in the 2 versions (enterprise and unlimited). any of those are over 150 a month pear user.

is there anyone on this forum really using the salesforce plugin under production? because I don't see any input at all on the subject and support on this matter is null :shock:

re-reading your post. I have a FREE TRIAL ACCOUNT not a paid one, they manually upgraded to enterprise to enable API as I requested by phone.

From what I have read this change of policy is new. (having API functionality on enterprise only). some weeks or months ago pro version had the api included (on the free tiral) but not now.

any ways, I am discarding SALESFORCE and keep trying the SUGAR CRM way !

Guillermo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ramishvohrw
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.